Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
If you have an upcoming job interview, first of all: congratulations! Your CV and cover letter must have impressed. Now, it is time to make sure you impress in person. You have probably already done your research and practiced some questions that are likely to come up. But, have you thought about what you are going to wear? This is a critical part of any job interview, as you want to make a positive and professional impression. Keeping that in mind, let’s take a look at what NOT to wear when it comes to job interviews:
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
- Wavy, beach locks – While the wavy, beach hairstyle is very popular, it can look like you haven’t made an effort. When it comes to a job interview, it’s important to go for a professional look. If you have short hair that is hard to tame, you should consider tape in hair extensions. You can then go for a sleek, and minimalistic up-do. Tying your hair back in a neat manner will never fail.
- Something different from what the interview has suggested – If you have found this career opportunity interview via a recruitment firm, it is very likely that they will have an idea regarding what to wear to the interview. There may be a dress code in place or they may have already filled candidate positions at the said company before. Make sure you adhere to any rules that are in place or any suggestions that you have been given.
- Too many accessories – You may be a fan of statement jewellery, and lots of it, but less is most certainly more when it comes to a job interview. Stay away from jewellery that jingles and jangles, as this is only going to be a distraction. Instead, play it safe with a watch and a pair of diamante stud earrings, for example.
- Anything distracting – There is nothing wrong with showing off your personality with your choice of clothing. In fact, this is advised. There is no rule that says you have to stick to a monochrome colour palette (unless the company in question has actually enforced one, of course!) Nonetheless, you do need to be mindful regarding the colours and patterns you choose. Making a statement is fine, but being distracting is not. You don’t want your interviewer to be more focused on your clothing than you. This can easily happen if you opt for a busy pattern or an outlandish colour choice.
- Clothes that don’t fit properly – Nothing looks worse than ill-fitting clothing. It looks like you haven’t made an effort. Plus, you won’t feel comfortable or confident, and this will show.
So there you have it; some of the things you should never wear to an interview. Of course, the obvious points have not been covered in detail, but let’s go over them just in case! Don’t wear anything that is too revealing. Make sure your skirt is to your knees and that your chest is covered. Also, make sure your clothes don’t have stains on them. No one will employ you if you go into the interview smelling like smoke, or your cat or dog for that matter.
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials