Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Most people think that business is as simple as coming up with an idea, bringing it to life and selling it on to consumers for profit. If only things were really this straightforward! Sure, large companies may make things look easy peasy, but don’t let them fool you. Especially if you’re looking at taking to the realm of commerce yourself. This is their job. They need to make everything look seamless in order to maintain a trustworthy and reliable image. To mimic their success, you’re going to have to mimic this laissez-faire facade. This is the easy part. Now for the tough bit: getting down to the nitty gritty of making things work well behind the scenes. But not to worry. We’re here to help! A great place to start is understanding the marketplace that you’re operating within. Here’s everything you need to know to get you started in the right direction.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
What is the Consumer Market?
The consumer market is a term that refers to a vast area of commerce. It is the system itself that helps us to offer our goods to people and for them, in turn, to find exactly what it is that they want to buy. Needless to say, there are endless goods, products and services out there waiting to be snapped up. So you don’t need to be familiar with absolutely every aspect of the consumer market. This would be nigh on impossible, astoundingly time consuming, and most importantly, unnecessary. However, it does help to focus in on the part of the market that you and your company are going to be engaging with.
Market Research and Marketing
To achieve this focus, you will need to undertake market research. Sit down and consider what exactly it is that you have to offer. We’ll stick with retail goods for now. So, what do you have? Clothes? Kitchen appliances? Gardening tools? Note whatever it is that you sell down. Next, take a look at the other companies operating within this field. Are they selling similar products? How do yours differ? What can you offer consumers that existing businesses cannot? What kind of price tag do they place on their wares? Can you offer your alternatives for a lower price while still making profit? All of these questions are market research! Essentially, you’re placing yourself in the current field and working out how to appeal to consumers so that they are drawn to your brand instead of others. Once you know who you’re catering to and what you’re up against, you can move onto actively marketing your goods. This is the process of making your items visible to potential buyers. Marketing Companies will be able to help you with this.
Engaging with Feedback
Once your goods are out there, it’s time to start raking in some feedback from the marketplace. This will help you to see what you’re doing right and where you can improve. It’s important that you don’t become complacent as soon as you start making sales, as they can quickly dip if you don’t keep up with contemporary market trends.
By understanding the marketplace, you’ll have a huge advantage when it comes to making profit. After all, you need to understand people in order to sell to them!Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials