Let’s start the new year right! I’m obsessed with getting things done just before the new year, and I can’t wait to share my annual end-of-the-year bucket list with you.
I like to start the new year with a clean slate, by cleaning everything out. Here are a few of my annual tasks that help me start the year as right as can be.
Top things to do before new year with this end-of-the-year bucket list
- Chase everyone that owe’s you anything.
- Finally ‘delete’ all the Safari tabs on your iPhone. Guess what, I just did this in December and I found research for my weekend getaway from February (iek!).
- Complete your annual administration and bookkeeping.
- Start a new journal/notebook/bullet journal and if you start a bullet journal, create your index.
- Set a small weekly goal for the rest of the year and do it. (It could be as simple as waking up 10 minutes early!)
- Come up with your new year’s resolutions and create a plan of attack.
- Delete all paper clutter from your desk / house. I like to go through all loose papers and toss them out once and for all.
- Clean your house, deep. Turn up the music and go for it, there’s no such thing as starting the new year with less clutter and a clean living space.
- Reflect on the past year, what are your accomplishments? Write them down! I always like to have one unplugged day at the end of the year, a day I can sleep in, chill down and reflect on the past year, and set some new goals for the new year.
- Write your future self a letter, and open it on a certain date.
- Create a weekly schedule that will work, where you’ve also enough time for everything you need like meditation, workouts and getting most of your work done.
- Go through your to-do list(s) and get everything done. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
- Finally get a VPN to start using the internet safely.
- Treat yourself to a spa day, or have an at-home spa day and take some rest, sleep in until you no longer can’t stay in bed.
- Go through all the clothes in your closet and declutter. Donate everything you haven’t worn in a while. Here’s a trick, put all your clothes with the hangers reversed, and at the end of the year you’ll see what you never wear. Also read sell your clutter for cash
- Clean up your computer desktop. Delete unused documents and backup everything that’s necessary.
- Delete or use all your ‘drafts’. Over the year I start a lot of drafts, in my WordPress, in docs, on my desktop… I go through all these docs at the end of the year and delete everything that I no longer need. Ugh, digital clutter 😛
- Inbox zero is the ultimate goal just before the new year hits, so sort out your email and especially the email that’s been in your inbox for ages.
- Backup your phone. Remove all the photos and unwanted apps.
- Go through your saved Facebook posts, Pinterest likes and bookmarks and delete everything – because… are you really going through them at one point? I don’t think so…
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials