Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Things never seem to hold still in the job market for long. Job roles evolve, working practices change and new opportunities become available. In amongst all this, you somehow have to carve out a niche for yourself. But how? It all comes down to the skills that you have and how valuable they are right now.Things never seem to hold still in the job market for long. Job roles evolve, working practices change and new opportunities become available. In amongst all this, you somehow have to carve out a niche for yourself.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Here we’re going to investigate some of today’s most valuable career skills. These are the skills that really are going to land you a big income.
Big Data Skills
Recently, Payscale did a survey to find out which abilities brought the greatest financial rewards. They analyzed more than 54 million employee profiles across more than 350 industries to come to their conclusions. What they found was rather interesting. Big data might be quite new, but it’s already generating tremendous value. And companies are looking for individuals who can make sense of it all.
Big data is generated all the time in our Internet-driven world. Companies collect data every time you visit a website or click a link. These data are valuable, but interpreting them is difficult. Businesses need people with skills like regression analysis to make sense of what their data are saying. The better they can understand the data, the more intelligent their decisions will be.
Managing The Bottom Line
Accounting degrees and certifications have become a lot more popular over recent years. Why? Because accounting and finance are an integral part of a company’s operations. It’s often the accountant’s role to warn businesses of the strategies are likely to land a business in the red.
But for the average person, having some understanding of how day-to-day deals work is critical to making decisions. Employees who get how their actions will affect the bottom line of the company are more likely to advance than those who don’t.
According to the Payscale study, employees with a background in financial analysis can expect a 4 percent boost in their pay.
Understanding New Tech
For the old guard in business, all of this new technology that’s arrived in recent years is a hassle. They don’t want to have to deal with things like the cloud and mobile app development. They’d rather things just carry on as they always did. Unfortunately for them, the cat is out of the bag and these technologies are here to stay.
For regular employees, this is a significant opportunity. Those who can train themselves up on things like search engine marketing and customer service metrics will see a boost to their pay. IT skills are currently in big demand across all industries, according to Linkedin spokesman Josh Roualdes.
The PayScale study found massive gains in income for those who were trained in IT. Those who could use Workday software saw a 9.6 percent boost in their incomes. Those who could use healthcare software like Epic saw a more than 8.5 percent increase in their pay.
According to Linkedin, 19 of the 25 most in-demand skills over this last year were in tech-related industries.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials