Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
If you are going on vacation and someone you are traveling with will be celebrating his or her birthday, you will want to do everything you can to make it special. Of course, being on holiday in itself is pretty special. However, when people are away from their home comforts, it can make their birthday feel a bit strange. This is especially the case if they are going to be away from the people they usually spend their birthday with. So, with that being said, let’s take a look at some tips on how to celebrate someone’s birthday while you are on holiday.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Create your own card
There is nothing quite like giving someone something you have made. This shows that you have put a lot of thought and effort into the person’s birthday. Plus, by creating the card, you can ensure that it is relevant to your holiday. For example, if you are taking a trip to Las Vegas, you may want to incorporate a poker chip onto the front of the card, as well as other elements that are unique to Vegas.
Organise something special
It is a good idea to make sure you are doing something fun and special on the day of the person’s birthday. Ask them what they would like to do, whether they want to go on a day trip or they would like to spend the day relaxing in the sun! You should also ensure you all go for a special meal on the evening. If you are at an all-inclusive resort, why not splurge out for the evening? After all, there is nothing special about eating in the same buffet that you do every evening.
Choose a gift with care
Of course, you won’t be able to choose a big gift because you are going to be limited to what you can fit in your suitcase. You will also need to make sure that the gift is not heavy so that you do not get charged for extra weight allowance. So, you need something that is small and relatively light, and it probably bests that it is not fragile either. This will narrow down your search slightly, but you can find plenty of ideas for the best gifts for men and women online, which will give you inspiration. Plus, you could pick something that your friend or family member will be able to use during their holiday – if their birthday is near to the start of the holiday of course.
Make sure they can talk to their loved ones at home
It is also a good idea to make sure they have a method of talking to their loved ones that are at home. For example, you could buy a phone card and put this inside of the person’s birthday card, so they can call their nearest and dearest. Or, you could easily connect to the hotel Internet and make a call over Skype or another free video call service that is available. This is bound to put a smile on the birthday boy or girl’s face.
Pack some birthday decorations
You are bound to have some room in your case for some bunting and balloons. Why not pack some and then you can decorate the person’s hotel room while they are sleeping? A little bit of effort will go a long way, and this will certainly put a smile on the birthday person’s face when they see the thought you have put in. This is a sure fire way to start off the person’s birthday in the best way.
Organise a birthday cake
Last but not least, what is a birthday without a birthday cake? Nowadays, thanks to the Internet, it is a lot easier to organise things like this. You should do a search online to see whether there are any cake stores in the location you are visiting. You can then make contact with them to organise the cake being made. Alternatively, you could call up your hotel to find out whether this is something they would be able to organise for you.
So there you have it: some top tips on how to make your friend or family member’s birthday special while you are on holiday. If you follow the tips that have been provided, you will ensure your loved one has a birthday to remember for all of the right reasons. In fact, it will probably be right up their as a contender for the best birthday they have had so far!
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials