Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
There’s an app for just about anything these days, and while some may criticise those who are constantly absorbed in their phone- these little devices really can improve our lives. We’re essentially walking around with powerful little computers in our pocket that give us access to all kinds of information. So why wouldn’t we utilize this? Here are just a few of the best apps for self-improvement. (Also read my favorite apps I use to run my business on the go)
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
They Track Our Health
Fitness trackers like Apple Watches and Fitbits sync up to a smartphone app and can provide excellent information about our health. They can track heart rate so we know how hard we’re pushing ourselves during exercise, and how many minutes of activity we’re racking up each week. They can track our sleep patterns, giving us an insight as to how much sleep we’re getting (and the quality of that sleep) and can work out things like our fitness levels, how many calories we burn each day and lots of other important pieces of information. Even without an additional fitness tracker, apps like MyFitnessPal can track calories and macros we consume in our food and how much water we have drunk. There are apps that can remind us to take medication, or even for those with a specific health condition to monitor their symptoms. Apps can help us to take the guesswork out of our health, and with this information, we’re well equipped to keep our bodies running as well as we can.
They Entertain Us
Life can get a little boring sometimes. Perhaps we’re waiting for public transport, stuck on a long commute, waiting for a friend running late or just at a loose end. In these situations, instead of being stuck twiddling your thumbs you can go on your phone and lose yourself for a little while instead. Pop in your headphones and listen to your favorite music, or click on a game- you could be the hero in Final Fantasy 15 or complete that level of Candy Crush that’s been bugging you. You could listen to a podcast or audiobook, or click on the Kindle app and read for a while. Scrolling through social media, messaging a friend or taking photos are options too. Either way, having access to something that can occupy your brain for a little while can certainly make life less boring.
They Keep Us Organised
Gone are the days when organized folk would have to carry around a huge Filofax or paper diary. Apps can help to keep us organized when it comes to appointments, finances, they can help us keep track of any lists we’re working through and so much more. There are list-making apps, budgeting apps, calendar apps which have more features than your regular smartphone calendar. Best of all, many of these sync to our computers or tablets meaning we have an up to date list (that’s easy to edit) on whatever device you’re using.
P.S. You’ll love 5 Productivity apps for on the go that will make work-life balance easier (Android + iOS) + How do apps benefit your business? + Meet: 7 new digital nomad startups and apps all digital nomads should know + Ultimate resource list: must have apps and tools for digital nomads + How to use your own domain name with Gmail (with Google Apps and for free) + Travel apps every world traveller needs
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials