Did you know that only 11% of all bloggers earn more than $30.000? So you better make sure you’re one of the top 11% bloggers! To be honest, it’s not that difficult, but you have to realize it’s not just blogging. See, this blogger makes $50,000 every month in a very passive way. Having multiple income streams is a start. I have collected over 50+ ways bloggers and online entrepreneurs can make money and many of the ways I have used to be able to travel full-time the past three years. Now, I’ve written a lot of single blog posts that go much more into the different details of ways I use to make a living online, so feel free to read more about them by following the links.
I know, 50+ ways to earn money online can seem a bit overwhelming so here’s the quick recap. If you want to make money online, I’d recommend you start a blog first. A blog is easy to monetize in a very passive way, so you can easily make some passive income with affiliate marketing or blog sponsors once everything is set up. Then start promoting your blog with PR & Free Publicity to gain followers. If you already have a blog or if you’re not interested in blogging, I suggest you create an online course for free with Teachable. The difference with other ideas to make a living online is that with a blog or an online course you can make (quick-ish) five figures, while if you’re doing survey’s for example, it will take forever and it will be a lot more work that’s less fun.
If you’re not a type that creates a lot, I suggest you get into email marketing, everyone can write emails right? But even if you don’t, there are more ways to earn money online, so read further…
50+ income stream ideas to make income online from home
- Let’s start with the obvious for me. Start a blog! Here’s the easiest tutorial on how to start your own blog. The easiest way to monetize your blog if you already have a blog is starting with affiliate marketing. It’s almost 100% passive income, and this blogger earns $50,000 each month via this strategy. She will hit her first $1 million year this year, and tells you all her strategies in this course, which I found really helpful, even as an experienced, professional blogger!
- Time to monetize your blog in more ways! Join one of these 50+ blogger networks (they arrange (creative) sponsor advertising and deals for you!), join affiliate networks (if you use these links you’ll get paid when someone clicks them or buys what you’re linking to), pitch to sponsors, monetize your social media or create a course. I used Teachable to create all my courses and using it can be absolutely free as they have both free of paid plans you can use to ‘host’ your own online courses.
- Become an SEO hustler. Learn everything about SEO 2017 and then there are two ways to monetize your knowledge. You can work as a content marketing strategist or SEO professional OR if you have a website, you can ask more for sponsored posts because you’ll probably have a better Google score! I recommend this SEO course that covers everything you need to know about SEO.
- Learn everything you possibly can about email marketing with Convertkit. Sign up, get into creative but converting newsletters and create beautiful e-mail marketing sales funnels and creative converting newsletters for businesses!
- E-commerce; start a webshop related to your blog for maximum success.
- Start your own Youtube channel for free and start monetizing!
- Start with online PR. Learn everything about public relations and start freelancing for other online businesses! You can take my online PR & free publicity Crash Course here.
- Fiverr.com: sell any service for $5. This can also be something ‘funny’ like chatting with someone for 20 minutes or writing their name in the sand (yeah really, these are real-life examples!). Anyone can earn some extra cash with Fiverr!
- Joining several survey companies is still an easy way to earn some extra income on the side. It’s a ton of work filling all the survey’s in, but literally, everybody can do it! You don’t need a degree or blog for this side hustle! It’s completely free to join and you’ll get paid to answer surveys and test products. You’ll make the most out of this by signing up to all programs (all free to join and use!). Survey companies I recommend are Survey Spot, Survey Club, PrizeRebel, Earning Station because they feel most legit. Sometimes survey companies feel like a scam when they for example suddenly stop sending you survey’s as soon as you almost reach your payment ‘limit’. Other survey companies are PanelBucks, Opinion Outpost, PaidSurveys.
- Monetize your social media accounts. Did you know people ask $5000 for just a single Instagram photo?
- Summarize: read books and watch movies then summarize for sites like SparkNotes.com. Sounds good right?
- Make (or have it made) an app and sell it in the app store.
- Become a website flipping hustler. Buy sites, make them better and sell them for a profit!
And here are some more ideas..
- Simply ask for donations on your website or social media. It’s a lot more fun when you tell people why they should donate. I regularly donate to sites I love, and I have a donate button too! You can buy my next airport coffee for me!
- Writing is a great way to make some extra income these days. You do have to have some skills of course, but with a lot of content mills and jobs on Upwork, most people can try this. It’s really hard to break the $75+ income barrier, but if you get really good, it’s possible! My main work is freelance writing so I don’t work for content mills, but for companies and publications. Please know that the easy jobs, often pay really bad, like $5 for 1,000 words or something.
- You can create a membership site and monetize your blog or community!
- Write a book and self-publish it immediately! You can always reach out to publishers later.
- Get creative and open an Etsy shop for free.
- Sell your knowledge and work as an online coach. I work as a business coach and strategist, and I love helping others with things that are so obvious for me, but make a real difference for others!
- Join reward programs and earn cash by shopping like usual.
- If you’re really good at editing photos, create your own Photoshop curves and sell them online!
- Become a virtual assistant and do easy tasks for others.
- Add a ‘work with me’ page to your social media and website if you have one. Add not only more packages or services but also and more importantly, more diverse prices. That’s why I also offer some Crash Courses, 60 minutes or less everything you need to know to get started, for a tiny price.
- Get started with graphic design. I believe this is one of the go-to solutions for people who want to make an income online these days! It’s not difficult with tools like Canva and Indesign, but I do think you need some sort of skill or feeling with design, so it’s definitely not for everybody!
- … Same with creating websites for clients! It’s not really hard once you learn how to code, but you have to have feel with design and visuals.
- Leave Google and search with Bing. This way, you can earn credits every time you search. Credits you can cash in for gift cards to a variety of stores like Amazon, Toys ‘R Us, and Starbucks. Easy peasy! Sign up here for free.
- Create an online course emporium! Sign up for free to Teachable, create your own course materials by writing text, recording videos and voice memos and sell your knowledge. I also offer courses, it’s a nice way to share your knowledge and earn some automated passive income.
- Advertise with Google Adsense on your website. How does it work? You insert the code in your site’s HTML, you generate traffic and that’s all!
- Start a Podcast and monetize it with sponsors.
- Did you know some of the bigger vloggers don’t edit their own vlogs? This is a great opportunity for you! If you have some video editing knowledge, apply and earn!
- If you’re super social, become a moderator for Facebook groups or forums.
- Sell your photos to stock photography sites. I have written two articles about websites that will pay you for your photography (PART I) + (PART II).
- Sign your online business up for an affiliate program, so other can promote your awesome products or services too!
- Start an online vintage/eBay shop and sell your clutter for cash (read the full guide here on what + where to sell).
- Get a remote job and earn from home! Check out my companies job board, the Wanderlust and Company job board for creative remote jobs you can do from wherever you want! Now is more than ever the time to get a remote job!
When you feel stuck…
Do you feel like you’ve tried everything already but nothing really works for you? I suggest you listen to Denise Duffield-Thomas’ free resources and follow her Lucky Bitch Money Bootcamp. Denise is a money mindset coach and has helped thousands of women (and me) clear money blocks you’re not even aware of! I wrote more about her Lucky Bitch Bootcamp here.
If you want to read more..
- The Complete Guide to making money blogging with a small following
- A breakdown: The real costs of running a successful business and blog | Organizing your finances
- Get cash now to travel the world | 100 ways I saved + made extra money to travel the world
- The 25 tools I use to run an automated five figure business and blog.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Passive income 101 ebook
Download your free copy of passive income 101 ebook by leaving your email address.