Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
In finance I’d say, it’s never too late to get your finances under control. I’ve always been really good at managing my finances, but with all the full-time travel, I had more problems keeping track of my business finances. So right now, today, there’s no better time than starting with more organized finances.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
You can read right here how I manage my business finances and how much it costs to run a successful blog business. In my monthly income report, you’ll see how much I have coming in and how much goes out every month.
Getting started with accounting software
As you might know, I recommend a couple of accounting software here, but I wanted to shine a light today on one particularly because they’ve just announced a new feature you need to know about.
Online accounting software makes invoicing and billing simple. I can recommend using Freshbooks, check them out here. It’s specially designed accounting software for (online) small businesses. It’s possible to accept credit card payments on invoices (!), to create and customize your invoice, add your logo and personalize your thank you email. You can automate a lot, and let Freshbooks follow-up with clients or send out reminders. You can read a little bit more here or you can just get started now for free (plans start at $15 a month – something all self-respected professionals should be able to invest in their business).
I’m obsessed with finding the best time-tracking software, and this one makes it easy to not only track time, but also to invoice your time. Just start the timer, get to work and never think about it again (I mean, don’t forget to stop the timer!).
You can create an automatic bill for tracker hours, enjoy the overviews (weekly and monthly!) or break down your days. I love to do this because it shows you how you use your time and where you can improve productivity. I discuss the process of growing your income by tracking time here.
Also, check out my productivity crash course
How to offer your (potential) clients more insights into your process while pitching
Estimates allow you to create and send an approximate outline of your Items or Services to your Client for approval before beginning the work. The client can then Accept the Estimate for approval before converting it into an Invoice, or you can go ahead and convert it yourself to start collecting payment (or apply a Deposit on it)!
There’s a new feature in town (but it’s only available to those on Plus and Premium plans) that helps you bring in new business as a whole new experience.
Proposals are similar to Estimates but different. FreshBooks’ new Proposals feature helps small business owners win new jobs faster with professional-looking proposals. I always get lost in proposals and keeping up, creating and organizing them. It’s so important, and therefore you need to put a lot of effort in them. With proposals you focus on the value you’re offering a client as opposed to just the services or costs that you might find in an estimate. Explain the value that you’re giving the client, like what problems you solve, the process description and a timeline.
Just remember, proposals are only available for Plus or Premium plans. So when your trial expires, if you’ve upgraded to a Plus or Premium plan that supports Proposals, you’ll be able to continue creating and editing your existing Proposals. If you’ve decided to upgrade to the Lite plan instead (where Proposals are not available), you’ll still be able to view and edit only your existing Proposals.
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials