There’s no one thing that goes into making a business truly successful. After all, a business is made up of so many different elements that you could never truly rely on one thing to make it a success over anything else. Because of this, it can often be hard to know what things you should embrace into your business and what is unnecessary. That being said, there are definitely exceptions to this rule. No matter what kind of business you’re running and how large or small it is, you should always be willing to embrace and use new technology. Technology is very much the driving force behind the way society moves and changes. If your business doesn’t embrace it, then there’s a pretty good chance that it’s going to end up falling behind the competition. Of course, many businesses want to embrace more recent technology, but they simply don’t know what tech to use. With that in mind, here are just a few of the most useful pieces of modern technology that can really push your business forward and give it a competitive edge on the competition.
Storage has historically been one of the most significant issues for many businesses. For the longest time, it was a matter of physical space. Every file or document that you had took up a certain amount of space in a filing cabinet, which needed space in your office. Now, thanks to computers, all of your storage can be digital. Of course, that also raises the issue of storage space since no server is infinite. Because of this, your business should be using cloud servers for its storage needs. The cloud is a network of servers that businesses can use to store data without filling up their own servers. Of course, just because you’re not storing physical files doesn’t mean that you don’t have to worry about keeping track of everything. Investing in a records management software is pretty much essential if you want to keep track of everything. Having a storage solution where everyone in your business can easily access everything without sacrificing security is going to make your entire business much more efficient.
Speaking of security, every business needs to be protected and the types of protection that your business needs has only grown over time. Sure, you need the same physical security measures in place that businesses have always had. You need secure locks on all of the doors, not to mention a surveillance and alarm system so that you can detect and identify intruders. However, your business doesn’t just live in the office anymore. Just about every business in the world has some kind of online component these days, and many businesses exist purely online. Because of this cybercrime is becoming more and more of a concern for a lot of business owners. You need to make sure that you not only have security, firewall, and antivirus software installed on all of the systems in your business, but that you also keep them constantly updated. Criminals work tirelessly to get past the lines of defense that your business has set up so keeping your software up to date is the best defense against them.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |