A blog is the easiest way to advertise your business and give customers an idea of your expertise and services. However, it’s not enough to just buy a domain name, post a few articles, and be done with it. If you really want your business to be successful, you need to put a lot of regular work into your blog to keep up internet traffic and maintain your online presence. If you’re wondering why your website isn’t receiving a lot of traffic, look at the criteria listed below and decide if your blog meets them all.
Are you posting enough?
You don’t need to be posting articles several times a day if you don’t have the time, but you should make a point to be writing blogs consistently. Remember, it’s going to take time for people to take an interest, so you need to keep posting on a regular basis to try and get your potential customers interested in your business.
Do you have optimum SEO?
Effective SEO will drive up web traffic, thus giving you more business. Google suggests using keywords in the URL, making the site navigation easy, and avoiding long URLs as much as possible. Google also uses links and backlinks to determine successful websites; if many reputable sites link back to your blog, it is an indication of good quality. If this is something you need help with, check out WebsiteRocket.com for assistance with local SEO.
Is you contact information easy to find?
You won’t present yourself as a good business owner if your website doesn’t have your contact information in a place that’s easy to find. Or worse, if you don’t include any contact information at all. It’s a good idea to make the contact details available on every page so that visitors don’t have to jump back to the home page if they are suddenly inspired to get in touch. You should also include more than one way to get in touch; email and phone are both good options. An alternative is to include a link to your social media platform, as long as you check it regularly for any enquiring posts or direct messages.
Are you using social media?
Every company these days benefits from having a social media account to get valuable feedback from their customers. Social media is great for connecting to potential business partners and customers, and it’s also free advertising. Integrating these platforms into your website will help boost your SEO, improve your business’ footprint on the social web and build your following across numerous social platforms. It is worth maintaining a presence on at least three of the many social platforms available, but only as long as you actually maintain your content.
Is it simple?
Nothing kills interest in a website more quickly than a complicated layout, numerous flashy images, or annoying background music. If your website has too much unnecessary content, it will increase loading time and you will lose customers before you’ve won them over.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |