Before jumping into the post, I should confirm that this isn’t a deterrent for education or attending University. In fact, a better title may be that you don’t ALWAYS need a degree to achieve your dreams.
Check out the Wanderlust and Company courses by Noni May here!
A degree will inevitably open up doors, but it isn’t the only key available. We are all unique, and your individual pathway may not necessarily include University. But that doesn’t mean that education shouldn’t be embraced. In truth, targeted courses can teach valuable skills that a generic degree might not. For example, scientific molding seminars can give manufacturers a far greater sense of direction. Those sentiments can be applied to almost any type of career also.
| Your self-development plan of life |
Education forms a crucial part of your self-development plan, but so does experience. Even University graduates will find that seeking employment without a track record is a minefield. Whether it’s paid work or a part-time voluntary placement doesn’t matter. Experience will always stand you out from the crowd when making future applications. Besides, there’s no better way to learn than on the job.
| Your network is your net worth |
Furthermore, experience in the field can give you a chance to make contacts. You’ve heard the old saying that it’s who you know that counts on thousands of occasions, and it’s true. Therefore, increasing your network is arguably one of the best investments you’ll ever make to your career. After all, you never know when an opportunity may arise. Whether it’s human interactions or via LinkedIn doesn’t matter. Staying fresh in their minds is essential.
Join my free 3-day email course Your Network Is Your Net Worth
Increasing your contacts list is one thing, but actually impressing them is another altogether. In some situations, not possessing a degree may put you at a slight disadvantage. This shouldn’t stop you from setting a positive tone from the start, though. A great CV and cover letter is only just the start.
| Build trust |
Employers need to know that you are trustworthy and likable. After all, they want to hire someone that will fit into the team. Don’t be afraid to use the internet for researching both the company and the individual recruiters. Combine this with a portfolio website, and you’ll be sure to make a winning impression. Remember that dressing to impress is crucial too as, if hired, you will be representing their brand. Letting yourself down here is arguably the biggest sin of all.
Getting a job in the dream company is an amazing breakthrough. Your long-term ambitions will involve climbing the ladder too. Setting goals is a crucial step to help keep you on track. Meanwhile, learning how to approach subjects like asking for a raise can have a huge impact on your career too.
Of course, earning money for someone else is only one option. You could always start a business of your own. Either way, it’s important to find the right balance between immediate and long-term goals. As long as you do this, you will keep moving forward towards your dream destination.
A brighter future awaits, regardless of whether you have a degree or not.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Join this free course by signing up down below
You'll receive the first lesson immidiately!