There are a huge number of destinations in the US which have many different attractions going for them, but there are very few places which can do anything to match Las Vegas. The fact is, of all the many cities and other locations in this huge country, there is nowhere that offers such a wide and diverse array of experiences as Las Vegas. If you have never been before, then you probably have a relatively fixed image of this city in your head – and, chances are, it is not entirely accurate. Although it is known for a few choice things, the fact is that Vegas has plenty to offer besides, and looking into some of these is bound to encourage you to consider it for your next destination. If your next trip is around the US, here’s why you might want to consider stopping over in Las Vegas at least once.
Let’s be honest: no matter how old you get, magic is always enchanting. Even if you are someone who does not usually think of yourself as a magic fan, chances are if you get the chance to witness it on stage somewhere like Vegas, you might change your mind. As with anything that this city touches, magic in Vegas is a whole other thing compared to what it normally looks like. Let’s remember that here you have some of the best performers in the world: from David Copperfield, to Siegfried and Roy, and even Penn & Teller. If you have even the slightest interest in the performance of magic, then there is no better place in the world to see it than Las Vegas.
This has to be the number one most famous reason that people come to Vegas, and it is still one of the best things that it has to offer. If you are planning on visiting this city, then you can’t stay for any amount of time without at least spending some time in the casinos. Of course, there is a huge variation in the amount of time you might want to spend in there – while some might be in there for their whole holiday, you might decide that this is not the best use of your time. But no matter what, you can guarantee that the casinos offer you an enjoyable way to spend your time while you are staying in Las Vegas. Just make sure you know how much money you can afford to gamble!
A little-less known, but much more entertaining than the casinos is the rodeo. If you have never been to the rodeo before, then you are in luck, as there is no nowhere better in the country, or even the world, than in Las Vegas. If you are planning on coming to Vegas, then the Rodeo simply has to be on your list of things to do, so make sure that it is. What’s more, you might want to make sure that you see the National Finals Rodeo (NFR), as this is considered by many to be the world-leading example of its kind. Check the prices for NFR tickets before you go, and then book your place. Chances are, this is the kind of experience that will make a huge difference to how much you enjoy your overall trip. This is one way to really make the most of your time in Las Vegas.
Let’s not forget that visiting Vegas is not just about the strip itself – there is plenty in the surrounding area which is well worth your time, too. One particularly good example is the Hoover Dam. This famous landmark, built by then-president Herbert Hoover, is still in use, generating more electricity than ever before. What’s more, it makes for a fascinating day out if you are in the mood for a day trip. It gets over a million visitors a year, so you know you are going to be in good company if you do decide to see this near-wonder of the world.
The Grand Canyon
People often overlook the fact that the Grand Canyon is nestled alongside Las Vegas. If you are visiting one, then you definitely need to visit the other. Anything else would be a waste of a plane ticket. Today, you can visit the Grand Canyon in more ways than ever before. If you have the stomach for it, you can even bungee jump off the edge – or, for a little bit of a gentler ride, you can take a helicopter ride down to the bottom and have lunch there. This is a great day out for the whole family that everyone is bound to remember forever. Remember, however, that it is a good five-hour drive away from Las Vegas, so you need to make sure that you are able to give it a whole day, or maybe even two if you can find a nearby hotel.
One of Las Vegas’ main quirks is the way in which it imitates other famous places. It has a small version of the Eiffel Tower, for a start, and the Colosseum too. But one piece of artifice which has been gaining particular popularity over the past few years is The Venetian. Put simply, The Venetian is a fake, small Venice, designed to replicate the real thing more in style than in substance. You can even, in similar vein to the real place, take a gondola ride down its man-made river, and they have reproduced many of the most famous landmarks that the real city has to offer. Nothing quite matches Venice itself of course, but if you are in Vegas and you want to get a feel for the Italian city, then taking a look around The Venetian is well worth a look at least once. You might even find that you want to take your romantic partner there, for a replicated journey around the many canals of the beautiful city of Venice.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |