It’s me, Mario! Today I’m introducing something new: a weekly post with my goals, photos, and vlogs from the past week to reflect, look back and be a little more personal on the blog.
When I first started this blog I wanted to get super personal, but along the way, with a busy work life I kinda neglected this aspect, and I think it’s time to bring it back!
I’d like to recap my Instagram + Snapchat Stories here, as they disappear after a while and I put a lot of effort in it (no shame). It comes very naturally to me to create them, but it doesn’t really come naturally to me to share everything I do. So maybe I can work on this by publishing them here as well.
With a monthly income report, a look inside my life and accountability! I’m a goal digger and write my goals down every. single. day. multiple. times.
Don’t ask me why, but it feels good to stay focused. Without goals, I’m lost, and without to do lists, I’m drowning.
Without goals, I’m lost, and without to do lists, I’m drowning.
I decided to share my weekly goals + to do lists with you to give you a behind the scenes look. This helped me a lot when I was starting out, so hopefully, you like it too!
New to this blog?
I’m Noni May and I work as a blogger, online business owner, and writer/photographer. I’m committed to helping bloggers, small biz owners, solopreneurs, entrepreneurs & professionals create a business + life they’re happy about through awesome automations, content marketing, PR/free publicity and the right tools for an awesome digital nomad lifestyle and kick-ass photography!
Besides business, blogging, social media, marketing/PR and money talk, I also blog about all things travel! I travel as often as possible, I’d call myself a digital nomad. Some of the things I also write about are travel guides, travel hacks and about the digital nomad lifestyle.
I have previously worked with brands like Disney, Uber, Universal, Bacardi, Levi’s, Lipton Ice Tea, National Bank of Australia, Melbourne Racing Club, Ecosia, Australian Open, Mailchimp, TEDx, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Kinfolk Magazine and more.
If you want to work with me, click here.
If you want to learn more about my online courses about blogging, money, productivity and PR click here.
Recap last week:
Last week I worked 72 hours exact on my businesses. It’s the first week since I’ve been back from fulltime traveling (3 weeks now) that I have tracked my hours, so it was a biggie. I didn’t realize I worked this much because I worked 7 days but I still had a lot of time to work out, meet friends and Netflix. How awesome! I guess it’s all about priorities and ambition. The first weeks after coming back I had such a hard time just sitting for hours and hours, as all I did traveling was exploring and hiking. But I’m starting to get into the work hard mode again.
It feels so good to match my working hours to my ambition, as fulltime traveling is an awesome way to live, but it’s hard not be able to work as much as you want without a proper iMac or wifi (hi Australia – I’m talking about you!).
I also realized that my income will massively grow if I work more than 10 hours a week, which is a great motivator. It sounds obvious, but when you can make a living off just working a couple of hours, it’s really easy to just chill. But now I’d like to go big.
Popular posts published:
5 Reasons why you should build a profitable blog to make passive income online now, before even thinking about building an online business or going freelance (including free ‘passive income 101’ ebook)
Here are the to do’s for this week (weekly Goals):
- Publish the 3-part video training that I’ve recorded to show you all how to make a living as a blogger with <10k followers. It’s not too late to sign-up and join the training <10k followers, >$10k income.
- Work on my content strategy for the rest of 2017. I’d like to write and schedule all the content for 2017, so I can focus on my courses the rest of the year. I also have a couple of awesome collaborations lined up, so I can’t wait to have a little bit more freedom without daily writing (which I absolutely love!).
- Publish my first income report of 2017 (yes really!). I decided to pick up the income reports again, as it’s a great way for bloggers and online entrepreneurs to learn how others earn their income online. Click here to read my income reports.
- Do my admin + taxes from quarter 3. Yaay 😐 (I use Freshbooks)
- Get started with Linx, a great solution to add multiple links to your Instagram bio! Check it out here, it’s completely free!
- I’m launching two new courses this month, and although the content is all set, I still have a ton of things to do from sales + cart pages, visuals, funnels, email marketing and more. I’ll talk about this more when I can – stay updated by signing up for my newsletter.
Check out the ultimate side hustle business kit resources if you’re building something too.
- I have a couple of cool Instagram collaborations coming, so I need to shoot the content.
- I want to update a couple of old blog posts that didn’t meet their potential or that are outdated. Last week I wrote a blog post about this and the best tips on how to update your old blog posts, including the checklist I personally use to increase my traffic and income by doing so!
- Shut down the hosting accounts I don’t use. I’ve recently purchased another Bluehost hosting account, but I don’t really need it now. I also have a Squarespace site that I need to downgrade. 💸
- Get started with ClickFunnels. I recently got started with ClickFunnels and I can’t wait to set up my funnels!
- Work on my Shopify store. I’ve set everything up, but I still need to decide on a great selection of products to sell.
- I wanted to try some Fiverr gigs, like buying a bundle of 20 Pinterest visuals with text that I deliver for just $5. Usually, I created them myself, but I want to experiment more with different designs. I’ve quite an advanced Pinterest strategy already by using a combination of Tailwind and Boardbooster, but I’d like to try this – even if it’s off brand.
- Inbox zero. I’m terrible at email, I often don’t check my email for days. Hopefully, I can get through it this week to start next week with a clean sleeve.
- I’m hosting a Q&A soon, you can still send in questions (via Twitter!)
- Write a press release. Learn more about my free publicity strategy that gets me in the press for free here.
And here are some weekly tasks I always schedule in my planning:
- Schedule Instagram posts + stories (as far as that’s possible!) with Planoly and Later.
- Schedule my Pinterest pins + campaigns with Boardbooster and Tailwind + add new blog posts to Tailwind Tribes (click here to read more about the tribes and how to use them).
- Keep track of my working hours + income. I use TopTracker to track my hours now that Timely only has a paid version.
- Send out my weekly newsletter. I use Convertkit for my blog newsletter as Convertkit is specially made for bloggers. I use Infusionsoft and Aweber for my business + press newsletters (different lists) because they demand more complex strategies. I did set up an easily automated PR strategy with Convertkit for new bloggers though – read more about it here.
- Update / create new courses. I have a couple of online courses that DO demand constant updates + creation. It’s not completely passive as many people think, but it can be when you need a week or so off. I use this platform to publish my online courses for free.
- Backup my photos / WordPress / iPhone / Computers etc. With this in mind, I’d literally die if I would use everything! I use OneDrive to backup automatically. I can give you a 0.5 GB bonus for free if you sign-up via this link.
Personal goal list:
- Work at least 50 hours. Just because I get so much more done when I’m focused and making a lot of hours. Working is what I love to do, so this won’t be a problem. I mean, I get to take photos, write and connect with like-minded people. How awesome?
- Go to the gym 6 times (and/or walk at least 10k steps a day, preferably more). In Oz, I’d walk 20k a day, but of course, I need more time to take 20.000 steps, so I’m ok with 10.000. Since doing so I feel so much healthier, so I can definitely recommend it to everyone. On a busy day filled with appointments and meetings I easily hit 10.000, but on a focused and productive day behind the computer, I only reach (iek!) about 500 steps. So I made getting my steps in a priority.
- Last week I received my Law of Attraction cards and I already love them. The design is beautiful and they definitely lift my spirits! I draw a card each morning and try to focus on that during the day. They help me focus on the positive. I always purchase my books from this site because they ship for free (worldwide delivery!) and ALWAYS have the cheapest deals and every book I need – I don’t get how it’s possible, but it saves me so much $$!
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft’s cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
My week in images (follow me here to see them live + all video vlogs):
What are your plans for the week and which to do’s will help you slay your goals? Let me know via Twitter or Instagram!Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials