| How to use your own domain name with Gmail (with Google Apps and for free) |
Are you also in love with Gmail’s interface but is it time to get a more professional looking email address like @nonimay.com or yourdomain.com? Don’t stress, Google Apps has you covered! You can pay or use the free option, I’ll show you both options in this tutorial (Get this done in less than 5-minutes!).
| With Google Apps (for Work) |
Set up your Gmail with your custom domain. For example: have noni [at ] nonimay.com connected to the lovely Gmail interface in seconds. Here’s how you do it (scroll down if you have BlueHost or need to buy your domain name + custom email address because there’s the one click tutorial!):
- Create a custom email address first (obviously). If you don’t know where, check out GoDaddy.com or BlueHost.com. If you purchase a domain name, you can also order an email address. Create a word or name before the @domainname.com and you’re all set.
- Go to Google Apps (send me a tweet for 20% discount! @nnonimay).
- Click ‘start free trial’ and sign up. Fill in your personal information and click next. Pick the ‘use your own domain’ (we just purchased it from GoDaddy or BlueHost) and click next. Wait..
- Now there’s only one button you can click, and it’s the one that asks you to add colleagues. That’s not necessarily to do now, so just click and continue.
- Next you need to verify your domain. Now it’s getting a little bit difficult if you’ve no html experience, but I’ll walk you through it. The easiest way is ‘Insert an HTML tag to you site’s homepage’. How you do this? Go to your website’s backend – for example: login to WordPress. Go to your dashboard. Click ‘Editor’ (probably under ‘appearances’). Go to the header.php section. Don’t be scared. If you copy your code suggested by Google right after <head>, you’re okay. Click ‘verify’ and follow the next steps.
- Voila! Your custom email address in Gmail is set up! Enjoy!
BlueHost makes it really easy to set this up. Just sign up, go to your Cpanel, click Google Apps and follow the SUPER EASY steps.
| Connect your custom domain to Gmail for free |
Set up your custom domain in Gmail for free. You have to have an existing Gmail address for this. Go to settings.
- Go to accounts & imports.
- Under ‘Send email as’ click ‘Add another email address you own’
- Enter your name and custom email address in the pop-up.
- Click ‘treat me as an alias’. When you use Gmail’s Send mail as to send messages on behalf of another account, Gmail treats your Send mail as address as an alias of your primary address. Treat as an alias is useful when you have other email addresses that you want Gmail to treat as if they were your primary Gmail address.
- Next you have to setup your smtp settings. If you have your own domain, your smtp server is probably smtp.youdomain.com
- That’s all! You can also set the just added email address as a default to always email from that account.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Download the full guide with all my favorite resources
Yesss leave your email + name behind to receive the guide via email! x