As a business owner, one of your primary concerns is always going to be protecting your business. There are numerous kinds of potential threat which you need to consider in this respect. The fact is, you never know when your business might be under threat, so it helps to have various methods of protection in place. Some you may have already heard about, and it is likely that you are already doing a lot to keep your business safe and secure. However, ever-growing varieties of threat mean that you need to have ever-growing means of protection. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the key ways that you can protect your business in the modern marketplace.
Often, the threat against your business comes not from a complete stranger, but someone you are working in very close partnership with. When you hire outside help for assistance on a project, you are always opening your business up to potential harm. Even if they are just working with you for one day. In fact, it might be fair to say that it is especially then that they might pose a threat. When you are working with someone external, you might want to consider having them sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. This is a mutual agreement not to share information with third parties, and as such it can be hugely beneficial in protecting your business ideas. Alternatively, you could even use a one-way NDA.
Alternative Insurance Options
Chances are, you are already well protected in this area. However, there are plenty of alternative options which you might not have considered. Takaful is a good example of a kind of insurance which you might want to take on board. With a takaful scheme, you and the other members all contribute money into a pool. This pool of money is then used to protect you and your fellow members from loss or damages. Takaful is a unique solution to how to protect your business’ wares. If you are keen on ensuring that your business remains safe no matter what, then takaful might be the solution for you.
Next we come onto something which is much more of a staple of business everywhere: patenting. With patenting, you have a sure-fire way of protecting any ideas which your business might come up with. Patenting can be difficult to have approved, however, as you often need a great deal of proof and paperwork just to apply. However, it is also the most secure kind of legal protection you can possibly get for your various ideas.
If you make regular backups of your work, you’re safe for possible hacks, especially the up and coming ransomware hacks that are now targeting small business owners. I recommend using OneDrive and a combination of at least two copies of all digital files, because if there’s only one digital copy, the file does not exist if you believe this theory.
Finally, remember the basic power of keeping quiet around other (external) individuals. It is often amazing how quickly word spreads, and when it comes to a new idea you have had, this can often mean bad things. It is wise to develop the practice of not saying too much, particularly when you are around other people in the same area of business as yours.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!