There are times when you’re running a business that panic starts to set in and you don’t know where to turn next. But staying calm and approaching things rationally is really important if you want to improve your business and keep it on the right tracks. You will never find your way out of a tricky situation if you’re not willing to stay rational and avoid panic. Here’s why staying calm and rational is so important in the world of business.
Panicking Might Seem Like a Legitimate Reaction, But it Won’t Lead to Results
Results come when you approach a problem in a calm and measured way. You don’t get the results you want for your business when you panic and jump in too fast. The problem is that it can seem like a legitimate response to situations when things are going wrong. But no matter how legitimate panic seems, you can’t give in to it.
Many people assume that doing something is vital. It seems like the rational response to a problem. But doing something is not the same as doing the right thing. If you panic, your mind will be all over the place, and you won’t be in the right state of mind to deal with the needs and requirements of your business in this particularly testing situation.
Knee-Jerk Reactions Create More Problems Than Solutions
There is always a risk that you will create more problems than solutions when you opt for a knee-jerk reaction to these situations. But if that happens, you will have even more trouble to deal with and untangle later on, which is probably not what you want at all. So, calm yourself down and allow yourself the time to think through the solutions open to you.
If you stay calm and take a rational approach, you will be much less prone to these kinds of knee-jerk reactions. If you get a letter about an irs audit, you might panic and take the wrong steps. But talking to a lawyer and your accountant calmly is key. Good intentions aren’t worth much if you take the wrong steps, so you need to make sure that you are remain calm and measured.
Calm Heads Help Guide Everyone Else in the Team
In the world of business, leaders are essential. Your team needs someone at the top leading them and guiding them when things get tough. If that leader panics, they will lose the faith of the rest of the team. That’s not a good thing, and it can just lead to even more chaos in the office, which is the last thing you need.
If you can stay calm in the face of adversity, you will be a real leader in your workplace. Instead of caving in to the pressure, you will be able to stay in control and instill confidence in those around you. That can be really key when you need the whole team to pull together in order to achieve results for the good of the company.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |