The healthcare industry is a booming business right now. Whether you are running a healthcare business, or you are working as a medical professional, it is a fundamental right of people that they need good quality healthcare delivered by good quality people. And so if you feel that you can work in an industry delivering this high-quality healthcare, then there are specific traits that you need. Here are a few that will set you ahead of the pack.
While communication is vital in every aspect of every career, it is even more so in the medical profession because of the amount of emergencies that you will be dealing with on a regular basis. So, being clear and to the point has never been more essential than when you are working with a patient where a split-second could mean the difference between life and death.
Being calm and focused
The pressure placed upon staff members in the healthcare industry, as well as having to deal with patients and family members who are distraught or stressed because of the circumstances means that you need to be focused and not bound by pressure. You need to display traits of leadership and make swift decisions. There are courses that cater for healthcare professionals who wish to move up the ladder into a managerial position such as OLOL College Online, where you can develop skills remotely while still working in your job rather than going to university. Many nurses and doctors can progress to being line managers, which means that they have the overriding decision on specific health matters with patients. But every healthcare professional has to make quick decisions on a regular basis, regardless of however high or low, you are up on the ladder.
The demands placed on healthcare professionals means that working long shifts and unsociable hours is a very common thing. People need to work dynamically, making split-second decisions and with a sharp focus having had little to no sleep. Shifts can vary, from 12 hours all the way up to 24 hours depending on where you are in the world, and this can be one of the major causes of stress within the medical industry. So it’s important to look after yourself in this respect. The industry is one of the more demanding ones in the world because of the physical, mental, and emotional pressures each staff member faces on a daily basis. It requires a rock-hard constitution to deal with this onslaught regularly.
Have an eye for detail
In every aspect of the job, it requires you to focus on making reports, helping with the handovers, doing tasks with intricate focus and attention, while also understanding who would work best with a certain patient, for example, if they are personally compatible, and all tasks need to be done swiftly and efficiently. Detail and focus are two skills that are the bedrock of a great healthcare professional, and so if you feel you have the skills necessary to succeed in this industry then it is time to get caring!Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |