Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Retail is one of the most reliable industries in the world. No matter how cultures, trends, tastes and economies change, people will always have a need for high-quality retailers. There’s also been a major shift in attention towards small, independent retailers rather than huge chains. Modern customers are looking for the kind of unique, personal service and products that you can only get from an independent store. Of course, that doesn’t mean that running a retail store is always going to be easy. In fact, there are a huge number of challenges that you might come up against regardless of the size of your store. That said, there are plenty of things that you can do to ensure that your business is running as smoothly as possible. Here are just a few simple improvements that you can make to your retail store.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Whether your retail business is a physical store or takes place entirely online, your point-of-sale system is going to lie at the very heart of it. It’s the thing that will truly make or break your customer’s experience with your store. If your customers have a difficult and inconvenient time with your POS system then it won’t matter if they found the perfect product or not, it’s going to sour their entire view of you and your business. You need to make sure that your POS system is streamlined, functional and fast. Customers generally don’t have much patience. They want to be able to get through the transaction as quickly as possible. Fortunately POS systems have gone through some amazing changes over the last few years that have allows them to become faster and more user-friendly.
Back office management
It might not be the kind of thing that people generally think of when they think about retail stores, but back office management is one of the most important aspects of your business. Think of it like the gears that keep a watch face turning. You never see them, but without them, the entire thing would grind to a halt and fall apart. Fortunately, there are companies like TallySoft which are able to vastly improve your back office management in a whole host of ways, including scheduling, employee management, storage, and inventory. Despite the fact that it’s behind the scenes, you should always make sure that this essential part of your business is running at peak performance.
There are few industries where customer service is more important than in retail. You should always make sure that you are taking care of your customers at every step in the process. Whether that’s helping them find what they’re looking for or dealing with a problem that they might have. Your online store should always clearly show your contact information so that customers can get in touch with you if they have any issues. Even if something goes wrong for your customer, if you’re able to show them that you care and that you are willing to go out of your way to help them, that’s going to create an incredibly positive association with your business.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials