Retail is one of the most reliable industries in the world. No matter how cultures, trends, tastes and economies change, people will always have a need for high-quality retailers. There’s also been a major shift in attention towards small, independent retailers rather than huge chains. Modern customers are looking for the kind of unique, personal service and products that you can only get from an independent store. Of course, that doesn’t mean that running a retail store is always going to be easy. In fact, there are a huge number of challenges that you might come up against regardless of the size of your store. That said, there are plenty of things that you can do to ensure that your business is running as smoothly as possible. Here are just a few simple improvements that you can make to your retail store.
Whether your retail business is a physical store or takes place entirely online, your point-of-sale system is going to lie at the very heart of it. It’s the thing that will truly make or break your customer’s experience with your store. If your customers have a difficult and inconvenient time with your POS system then it won’t matter if they found the perfect product or not, it’s going to sour their entire view of you and your business. You need to make sure that your POS system is streamlined, functional and fast. Customers generally don’t have much patience. They want to be able to get through the transaction as quickly as possible. Fortunately POS systems have gone through some amazing changes over the last few years that have allows them to become faster and more user-friendly.
Back office management
It might not be the kind of thing that people generally think of when they think about retail stores, but back office management is one of the most important aspects of your business. Think of it like the gears that keep a watch face turning. You never see them, but without them, the entire thing would grind to a halt and fall apart. Fortunately, there are companies like TallySoft which are able to vastly improve your back office management in a whole host of ways, including scheduling, employee management, storage, and inventory. Despite the fact that it’s behind the scenes, you should always make sure that this essential part of your business is running at peak performance.
There are few industries where customer service is more important than in retail. You should always make sure that you are taking care of your customers at every step in the process. Whether that’s helping them find what they’re looking for or dealing with a problem that they might have. Your online store should always clearly show your contact information so that customers can get in touch with you if they have any issues. Even if something goes wrong for your customer, if you’re able to show them that you care and that you are willing to go out of your way to help them, that’s going to create an incredibly positive association with your business.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |