Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
There’s something really amazing about the moment when your business is finally successful enough to reach the point where you require a dedicated office space. Lots of people who start out running businesses from their spare room never reach this point, so it often feels like validation that things are really working out. Of course, as great as it can be, that doesn’t mean that moving to a new office is something that’s always going to be easy. In fact, it presents a whole variety of different challenges that you may never have had to deal with before. With the presence of more employees and different environments, it can be hard to know what you really need. To help you get past that stage, here are three things that your office cannot function without.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Infrastructure is one of those things that’s right at the core of any business and yet still seems to go unnoticed by far too many people. Of course, when you’re the business owner, you can’t really get away with ignoring infrastructure anymore. In the modern world, people are so constantly interconnected that without solid infrastructure your business is practically doomed. You need to make sure that your phone and internet connections are reliable no matter how many people are using them. Your business could involve multiple employees using these systems near constantly throughout the day, and if they aren’t reliable, then your productivity is going to take a serious nose dive.
When you’re running a business out of your home, safety is often something of a lesser concern. However, once you’re in a dedicated office space you really need to make an effort to keep yourself and all of your employees as safe as possible. Firstly you need to have health and safety procedures put in place so that your employees all know exactly how to behave in the office in a way that protects everyone. Not only that things like your sprinkler systems need to be checked for leaks as often as possible. If you are having trouble with them, then ECS Corrosion can help. You should also make sure that your office is secure on a structural level as well as making sure that any other fail safes are working as intended.
This is something that a lot of new business owners tend to forget because they are so used to working solo or having a very small team. You need to make sure that your office is laid out in such a way that everyone has enough space to work. And not just sitting at their desks, people need to be able to move around safely as well as giving them space around their desks. Being cramped and closed in is a great way to leave your employees feeling claustrophobic and uncomfortable, something that is certainly not conducive to a productive and pleasant work environment for anyone. Don’t cram your employees in like sardines. Think about how they need to work and create the space around them, not the other way around.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials