When you’re aspiring to that highly desired digital nomad life, not only do you need to have a business that you can operate from almost anywhere in the world, you need the right tools to make it happen. From the obvious requirement of an internet connection to some of the trickier aspects of working worldwide, there are a few tech essentials that everyone needs. To make sure that your brand is on point, that you can get work done and stay productive, these five tech essentials should go to the top of your check list.
A Trusty Laptop
You’re going to need to make sure you can not only run your business while you’re traveling but do it well. For that to happen, you’re going to need a laptop that you can rely on. Other forms of tech hardware, like a smartphone or tablet, can be useful, but you will probably find that a laptop is at the heart of everything you do. Just make sure it’s light and can fit into the luggage you have, or can easily be transported from temporary office to temporary office.
You might also want to make sure that you’ve got a good supply of photography equipment. Even if you’re not a photographer, this could be important. Regardless of what your online business is, imagery is important. You’ve got the perfect opportunity to take fantastic pictures to share on social or to create for your business when you travel, so make sure you snap it up. Whether you use a smartphone camera, something compact, or a DSLR, you’re probably going to want to document this part of your life.
Whether you’re running an ecommerce site, a blog, or a consultancy online, you’re going to need a website. When you’ve got a website, you need to be able to ensure it runs well. For that, you’re going to need the best content management system for your business. Whether you use something like WordPress or something more complex, you’re going to want to get to grips with the right system before you head halfway around the world.
Living a digital nomadic existence can sound fun, but it can also put you at risk when things go wrong. Before you embark on your journey, you should probably find some kind of IT support that you can rely on. If your website goes down, you’re going to want to make sure the expert you hire to help you is up to the job. Because sometimes, the content management system support that comes free just can’t quite cut it.
And lastly, you’re going to need to communicate – not only with the world but your customers too. You need to be active on social media to ensure that your digital business keeps its buzz. You’re also going to want to consider things like Skype or Google Hangouts to keep in touch with suppliers and customers too – especially if you provide a service or have an online product. That way, you’ll keep your level o professionalism, wherever you are in the world.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |