If you’re travelling, whether going on a family holiday or taking a long trip across multiple continents then you need to make sure you take the right equipment. There are many costly mistakes to avoid, but you can mitigate a huge chunk of lost cash and time by taking the right equipment in the first place. You need to properly analyse exactly where you are going and then be smart and work out what you will need.
Click to read:
Sometimes you can only get the best repellant before you actually take the trip. If you only forget then you may be left without anything as the stores in the nation you visit may not stock it because everyone there is pretty much used to the bugs. This is especially the case if you’re going off the beaten track and into the wild. Mosquito repellant is the most worthwhile to take because they are pretty much in the majority of hot countries. Generic repellant can help you steer clear of wasps and nasty flies too though, so if you think there’s a chance you may be going somewhere where bugs dwell, take some repellant. You can find some of the better ones here. You should also check your other medication and sunscreen to check it doesn’t actually attract insects too. Before you go you need to check what kinds of injections you need. You cannot skip this step, as illnesses like malaria can be easily contracted without the correct precautions.
Take Appropriate Equipment To Pass The Time
There may be a plane journey that takes a day, or maybe you’re riding a ship to a new city and it’ll take more than a day. When you go travelling the actual travelling can become supremely tedious if you haven’t brought anything to pass the time. Time will drag, and you’ll quickly grow miserable. A tablets a good bet, as you can store both books and movies on it. Make sure you get a good app for watching movies too, you can find the ShowBox app download from here. Being able to stream or download movies is great and you can catch up on some missed TV in your downtime. You can also play music and games through a tablet, giving you a threefold entertainment system which is small enough to fit into any bag or rucksack.
Take Good Quality Footwear
You need to be careful when selecting all clothing, of course. But footwear comes top of the list. This is because you don’t want to be left on treacherous, slippery, or muddy ground in a pair of flipflops. Make sure you consider the terrain you’ll be travelling and purchase appropriate footwear. If you’re going to be climbing hills and mountains you need hiking boots, if you’re going to be exploring snowy landscapes then take some cleats. Preparation is key, if you get the wrong footwear you may not be able to purchase more at your end location and it could result in a slip or trip that ends in a broken ankle.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |