One of the most important things you can do to ensure that your business is successful is making a good first impression. Not only is it important to make a good first impression when meeting and talking to clients. But also when meeting with other business owners and potential new team members. The good news is that making a good first impression isn’t difficult to do.
However, far too many startups fail to take the time to ensure that they come across well. This is a real problem, because, in the business industry, first impressions matter. Making a good first impression can mean the difference between making a success of your venture and failing miserably. So, it’s something that’s worth taking seriously.
If you want to ensure that your startup makes a fantastic first impression, these are the tactics that you should take note of:
Ensure your website is professional
Often, the first thing that a potential client or potential new employee will see about your business is your website. That’s why it’s so important to ensure that your company website is well-designed. It’s tempting to create your website yourself because by doing so, you can save money. However, unless you’re a web design pro, it’s not worth it.
To give a good first impression, your website needs to be smart, contain well-designed branding, and be easy to use and navigate. A website that isn’t branded creates a sense of the company lacking professionalism. Which, of course, isn’t the appearance you want to create.
When it comes to meeting with a potential client or other business owners, it’s crucial to ensure that you are smartly dressed. If you have a team of employees, it’s also important to ensure that so are they. First impressions count, and it’s important to remember that. To ensure that you and your team always look professional, it’s a good idea to consider implementing uniforms. There are plenty of companies that offer affordable corporate clothing, such as EZ Corporate Clothing. So you shouldn’t have to spend too much, to get a professional uniform for yourself and your team.
Have dedicated business contact details
If you want to ensure that your business is seen as being as professional as possible, it’s crucial that you have separate contact details for it. For example, some business owners use their personal contact details when first launching. However, there is nothing more unprofessional than this. So it’s important to ensure that you have a dedicated email address, phone number, and correspondence address. Even if your budget is small, this is still possible.
All you need to do is take out a business phone contract. Or, if money is really tight, get a free, online phone number to use or a VoIP phone. Creating a regular email address is free. However, creating a personalized one will cost around $20. As for having a business address, the best option for this is using a virtual address company. This will provide you with an address for all of your business correspondence to be sent to before it’s forwarded on to you. This makes it appear as if your business is bigger than it is, as you have business premises. (No one needs to know that it’s a virtual one.)
In the business industry, first impressions are important. Hence why it’s so important to ensure that your startup makes the very best first impression.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!