The business environment is changing. Years ago, a shop and a cash register would be enough. But today’s, that just can’t cut it – especially when you operate online. When you run your own business, you might feel as if you have to be ahead of the curve constantly, and in some circumstances, you will. But that doesn’t mean you can make your life a little easier. When you operate online, it’s so much easier to take a small step back. If you’re looking to improve your businesses efficiency, these are the digital essentials you need to know about.
A Virtual Assistant
Doing everything yourself was so ten years ago. Unless you’re a huge control freak, it’s time to start outsourcing some of the work you have to do – especially the less thrilling tasks. There are Virtual Assistants (VAs) out there just waiting for your work. From replying to emails to posting on Pinterest, these guys can get the job for you, save you time, and even money, because you’re now free to get back in the game and make more money.
Not everyone is a whizz when it comes to numbers – and that’s okay. Because there are finance systems out there to make it all a little easier for you, like Sage. If you’re not sure you want to commit to the cost of a big piece of software like that (or learn how to use it), you’ve always got the option of going old-school and using a spreadsheet set up with sums that can keep it all in one place for you. Either way, it’s time to forget the manual method and move with the times.
Gone are the days where we needed things like filing cabinets and binders. Now, it’s all about clouds and online storage. Even if you’ve got a ton of old paperwork that you want to get rid of or put away, you can find document imaging companies that will transfer it into online copies for you so it can be stored safely in the cloud with the rest of your work.
Sales can be a hard part of the business to get your head around, but if you want to be able to keep that money coming in, you’re going to need to get the hang of it. Instead of doing everything manually, get yourself a solution that can help. There are a bunch of sales software programs out there that can automate certain steps and even aid you with reporting. This one could be a game changer when it comes to your turnover folks.
A Bit Of Fun
As in any modern business, you also need to be able to have a bit of fun and thankfully for us all; there is an online solution for that too. Programs like Spotify and Google Play can jazz up your working day. Whether you want to add a bit of atmosphere into the office or play something that can help you focus, having an online music streaming subscription could really up your productivity levels and be lots of fun.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |