When was the last time you considered going to school? Probably when you were a young teenager, desperate to get into college or university, staying up late at night revising for an exam the next day. This is the typical behaviour that many students go through and it’s probably something you’re glad to get rid of. However, the idea of going back to university or college to study probably isn’t something that you think of very often. It is, however, a fantastic way to further your career and open you up to many more paths in the future.
What’s even better is the option of online learning. Thanks to advances in internet technology, it’s now entirely possible to study courses online that offer you college and university level qualifications and further. It’s an incredibly convenient option that is also offered for a much lower price than traditional study, and it can help you further your career in more ways than you think. So to give you some examples, here are a couple of advantages of online study and why you should seriously consider it.
A Better Understanding
Studying a subject is a fantastic way to get a better understanding of it. For instance, if you’re working as a member of staff in a company that deals with large sets of data, then a business data analytics course from Maryville University will be the perfect thing to advance your career. You will learn more in-depth details about the topic, you’ll understand more, and you’ll ultimately have a better chance of getting a promotion in the future. A deeper understanding of a topic will enhance your knowledge and give you an upper hand against competitors, rivals and other workers who are fighting for a better job.
Learning New Skills
Learning new skills is always a positive when it comes to your career. Not only does learning a skill further your ability to work, it also opens up more ways to work. For instance, if you’re currently a writer for a magazine, then learning some freelancing skills such as basic accounting, tax management and marketing can open up an entirely new career path that previously wasn’t possible.
Impressing Your Employer
Another fantastic reason to study online is to impress your employer. Whether you’re trying to get a promotion or just get on your boss’s good side, telling them you’ve learned something new or showing them that you have a better understanding of the tasks you’ve given them can be a great way to build a relationship with your boss.
And lastly, we can’t forget about job security. Learning a new skill will ultimately give you a better chance of finding a job should you eventually become redundant. It also helps employers decide between who to lay off should your company be experiencing some difficulties. Job security is incredibly important no matter what position you are in, and learning new skills is the best way to combat that creeping feeling of losing your income.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |