Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
We’ve all felt it at some point in our lives – the despair at the mundaneness of work life. It’s something that you need to rectify quickly before it takes over your whole being. If you’ve been in the same job for the past decade, getting up at the same time each morning, eating the same breakfast, doing the same traffic laden commute and fulfilling the same tasks day in, day out, you’ll become bored, worn out and depressed. It can be scary to think about breaking away from the security of a regular, steady income and doing something spontaneous but it can also be the making of you and lead to you returning to work refreshed and reinvigorated. Take a look at these career break options that may inspire you to take the plunge and reinvent your life.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Do you have itchy feet? If there is a far flung destination that you’ve always wanted to explore? Whether you want to head off to Timbuktu or the rainforests of Costa Rica, you can achieve your goal. Hopefully, you’ve managed to save a healthy amount of money having worked in your role for the past few years. However, even the largest of nest eggs may need topping up to finance a long held traveling dream.
Initially, you may want to consider heading to a site like personalloan.co and assess whether you’d be willing to take on any debt to obtain your plane ticket and finance your traveling ambitions. To pay back the debt, you could embark on a working holiday. This way, you can rest easy in the knowledge that you’ll still have a modest income to cover your outgoings even while traversing the globe.
You don’t have to venture abroad to take a worthwhile career break. Many people consider volunteering in their local vicinity as this gives something back to their community and sees them contributing in a more worthwhile and personally satisfying way than their corporate roles afford. You can find many volunteering opportunities at miusa.org. Within business, it can be very easy to lose touch with reality. By taking a step back and helping those people less fortunate, you can strengthen your grasp on what is important in life and reassess what you’re looking for in your career when you return.
Do Something For You
You may simply want to take some time out of your job to recharge your batteries. You might not have taken a holiday for a few years, and you may be used to working sixty hour weeks only to be unable to utilize your weekends because you are so mentally and physically drained. It’s time to think about your personal well being and do something that you’ve always wanted to experience. This could be taking a language course, learning to play a musical instrument or having a go at a sport you’ve always liked the look of.
Taking a career break for six months or a year could see you regain perspective on what’s important in life and see your mojo return ready to embark on the next stage of your career.
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials