Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Setting up a shop for the first time is an exciting and scary time. You have so much to think about that it can be hard to remember the little things. But, there’s a lot of work to do, and none of it can be forgotten. So, you need to think about a few things. To help you out, this post will go through some of the things a shop needs when it first opens.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Whenever you go into a shop, they have their own customer shelves, furniture, and other decorations. This is called a shop’s fittings. When opening a shop, this has to all be done before you can start business. So, it’s the first thing you should think about. Shop fitting isn’t too hard. Most people are able to do it themselves. For budget focuses companies, this area could be one that saves you a lot of money. Using things like recycled wood and old furniture, you can create a beautiful aesthetic; that looks like it’s designer. For the smaller fittings, like stands and shelves, you can look at companies like http://www.fireflystoresolutions.com/ to help you.
Of course, once the shop is decked out, you need to fill it with stock. This can be hard to find. Depending on your business, you will have a few options. But, you always want to avoid using retail stores to buy stock. Instead, you need to buy from places that specialise in selling to businesses. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for your stock. Otherwise, you’ll have to sell it for a higher price than competitors. Stock is usually best found through sources that you gather online. There are loads of options when it comes to buying things from overseas. And, that will almost always get you a better price. But, you may have to pay taxes for it to be imported.
If you’ve got a shop, you need a way for customers to pay for items. This means having a till. Tills are very important to a business. They are hard to steel, and they protect money while the store is open. And, they also calculate costs so that staff don’t have to. But, not everyone uses cash, nowadays. So, you have to look into digital forms of currency. As standard, a shop should have a way for customers to pay by bank card. This means that you will need a card reader. You can usually get these on loan from companies that offer services to help you take payments. This will give you a way to have a card reader, and it’s system setup, without having to do the complicated parts by yourself.
Hopefully, this will give you everything you need to know when it comes to setting up shop for the first time. This is a very dangerous time for a business. Doing the wrong things can spell doom for such a young company. So, it’s worth making sure that you take all of the professional help you can get, even if it costs some money.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials