Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
It’s true that some companies like to keep their SEO efforts in-house. It gives them a sense of purpose as well as achievement. Although it’s commendable, you also know it’s flawed. After all, you don’t have the skill or experience that a quality marketing team has. Sure, you know the customers and their search terms, but it isn’t hard to pass on the info. What is hard is finding the perfect team to help you hit your targets. Picking a partner at random is never the best option because it leaves too much to chance. Instead, you want to ask the following questions and analyze the answers.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
How Do You Measure Success?
There are lots of facts and figures that outsourcers can throw in your face to validate their role in the company. Even worse, you might believe them because the data seems so compelling. The reality is that the stats do tell a story, but only particular ones which relate to success. For example, they might say that they have improved your search engine rankings. Although that sounds good, it has no direct bearing on revenue. What has a bearing is lead generation, conversions, and online sales to name but three.
How Do You Optimize Content?
At the end of the day, optimizing content is all that matters when you hire an internet marketing company. The reason for this is because content plays the biggest role in terms of SEO. To begin with, original content hooks the audience and keeps them coming back for more. Secondly, it allows you to optimize keywords and phrases, as well as to include links. Creating content isn’t an easy job, so clients should never gloss over the subject. What they should do is show their dedication to the cause by producing quality samples of their work.
Do You Use More Than The Written Word?
2017 isn’t the age of the written word any longer. People are too busy and impatient to read scrolls of text to the end. Instead, they want to see pictures and videos that break up the content. If you don’t believe that to be true, you should take a look at the user data for YouTube and Instagram. Great outsourcers understand that the game is changing, and they change with the times. That means optimizing content with videos and images rather than just the odd link and keyword.
What Happens After The Setup?
This is where so many companies lose out. They are so obsessed with getting the best initial deal that they forget about the long-term plan. And, some outsourcers will happily string you along because it suits them down to the ground. You can’t let them do that, so you have to ask about the post-care package. What is their month to month service? How often do they communicate per week? When’s the first meeting? All of these are valid questions that you need to ask before you sign on the dotted line.
Otherwise, you could end up paying for a monthly service that pretty ends after the installation period.
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials