Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Scandinavia is really hot right now. And I don’t mean in terms of its weather and temperature! The region is hot because it is one of the most fashionable places to travel to right now. That’s probably because Scandi-noir dramas have taken over our TVs and lots of us have fallen in love with our Nordic cousins. Do you want to experience the Scandi way of life for yourself and see what all the fuss is about? Then head to one of the following brilliant destinations.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Most travelers are already very familiar with Denmark’s capital city, Copenhagen. However, more and more travelers are starting to plan in enough time for a visit to Aarhus whenever they are in the country now. It’s a great destination for art fans, as one of the country’s best galleries in the city – the ARoS Aarhus Kunstmuseum. The gallery showcases some of the best Danish art from the 18th Century up to the modern day. It’s also a great destination for foodies, as the city has a fantastic food scene, and some of its restaurants are even world renowned.
The capital of Iceland is the most northerly on the planet and has plenty of reasons for tourists to visit it year round. Even in the nail-bitingly cold temperatures through winter! In fact, winter is probably the best time to visit Reykjavik, as that is the best time of year to see the famous Northern Lights. There is lots of information online explaining this natural phenomenon if you were wondering how do the Northern Lights appear. Don’t worry about missing the light show while you are sleeping – lots of hotels will wake up guests if the lights appear during the night. ONly if you want to be woken up, of course!
Gothenburg has a reputation for being a very laid-back city as there are plenty of relaxed cafes and bars to while away an afternoon or evening. It’s also a fantastic city for music, and is home to some of Sweden’s best music halls and concert venues. While visiting Gothenburg, make sure you check out its impressive waterfront, which is home to a variety of ships, boats, and many sea-related museums. Planning on dining out? Keep an eye open for some dishes made with delicious freshly caught fish!
If you want to experience city life, but also want to get out and about in some stunning countryside, take a trip to Norway’s capital city, Oslo. This cosmopolitan city is surrounded by thick forests that open out to reveal some scenic lakes. As a result, lots of visitors travel to the city to take part in plenty of hiking, skiing, and cycling. There is plenty of culture in the city as well, and you could easily lose some hours in the Viking Ship Museum and Norwegian Museum of Cultural History.
Has this post whetted your appetite for some Scandi culture? Hopefully, it will live up to everything that you have seen in your favorite Scandi-noir drama!Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials