You might think that when you own a business, you can run it however you want with neither a care nor a worry for whatever people think. But that’s just not true, and you need to be aware of the rules that you are expected to abide by as well as the laws that dictate how your company should be managed. If you fail to uphold your company to these rules and laws, your business will face serious issues and could ultimately come crashing down.
When you run a business, you must be aware that you have a responsibility to keep practices in your company legal. For instance, you need to make sure that health and safety standards are kept to the highest level. If you don’t do this and an accident does happen on your business property, you will be held liable. Ultimately, this means that the injured party can sue you and your business. The best way to avoid this is to make sure that you appoint a health and safety officer. They will be able to check your property for any hazards that could ultimately cause an accident.
As well as this, you may want to think about hiring a legal advisor. They can instruct you on the changes that you should make to your business to ensure that it is above board and free from problems like this.
Of course, in some cases, if you don’t follow the set rules, you might just leave your business exposed to problems. Today, businesses are constantly facing the threat of a hack. If there is a hack, then you can bet they will be targeting your customers and your clients. This is particularly dangerous in the medical industry where sensitive patient data could leave individuals completely vulnerable. That’s why working in medicine, you have to make sure HIPAA-compliant video conferencing is being used when doctors interact online. HIPAA compliance is just one of the many rules that medical business owners must follow.
But that’s true in any company. There are certain set rules about how much security businesses should provide on their websites if they are offering the possibility of purchases.
Of course, the underlying issue here is the effect that abandoning these rules could have on the perception of your business. Will customers keep buying from you if they discover that you do not have the recommended level of security present on your business website? Well, you continue to get employees joining your ranks if you have too many accidents where you were found to be accountable? The answer is probably no, and it’s a serious issue. It can leave your company crippled on the market.
The answer then is to make sure that you are aware of the laws and ensure that you understand exactly what protocol you need to follow when running your company. If you do this, then you will respect the rules running your business, and you won’t run into any issues with legal liability or indeed, a damaged perception of your company.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |