Affiliate marketing is one of the ways you can earn money as a blogger and is great if you’re looking for ways how to make money as a blogger beginner. Implement the links right, and you’re ready for success. I personally earn quite a large percentage of income with affiliate links, and this blogger earns over 1 million each year by implementing her strategies on her blog (read more about the strategies here).
There are plenty of affiliate basics I wrote about already, and if you follow my courses you’ll learn more strategies. But did you know that there are affiliate marketing programs that pay you recurring income? I thought it was time to tell you about them so you can skyrocket your income. Promote about your favorite products and receive recurring affiliate income with these residual affiliate programs that are the highest paying affiliate programs.
What is affiliate marketing?
This is what affilorama says: ‘New to affiliate marketing? Not sure what it’s all about? Basically, it comes down to promoting products online to get a commission whenever a sale is made through your recommendation.’
Many bloggers have implemented this strategy already and I cannot wait to show you how to turn your blog into a money-making machine that lands you five figure months! First, let’s get started with affiliate marketing ok?
What to look for in an awesome affiliate program
When you’re looking for new programs to promote, make sure they have the following three things in check:
- You love the product. It’s easy to fall into the ‘promote as much as possible to earn more’ kinda-vibe, but that’s not smart. In fact, it’s very confusing for your readers and followers and you will end up earning less. Find your focus, and focus on just a couple of great affiliate programs to join so you promote products you use on a daily basis. You can explain the benefits best if you use the product yourself, so don’t get into the trap of promoting products you don’t use. I personally love Planoly to schedule my Instagram, Tailwind to schedule my Pinterest and to join tribes and Convertkit to send out emails and automate my PR strategy. Now, these are all tools I use on a daily basis. I can’t live without them! And I’m happy to promote them without getting paid for it, that’s how it should be!
- Will you receive long-term recurring commissions? Some affiliate programs only send you a fixed amount per sale, but some… pay you monthly as long as your lead is a customer. How awesome?! This is what you should look for in a great affiliate program, because you will earn more and more each month, instead of hustling each month to getting ‘x’ amount of sales just to get by. I see so many bloggers hustle to get a decent amount of income from being a Bluehost affiliate, but that’s very hard because there’s a lot of competition and they don’t pay recurring commission. I receive a monthly commission for everybody that signed-up via my Clickfunnel link after I signed-up using a fellow blogger’s affiliate link too and I’m happy to do so. I think this is a beautiful chain of people supporting each other while using awesome products to grow their marketing strategies and blogs. <3
- Tracking time. Some affiliate programs only pay you when your lead signs up within 14 or 30 days. This is fairly short when it comes to bigger buys like monthly memberships or expensive products/tools. People need some time to think about a big purchase, and it would be a shame if the cookie gets removed before they buy right?
The top favorite recurring affiliate programs for every niche:
Head to your favorite category and see if some of the products you love are featured.
Email marketing software programs with recurring affiliate income programs
Email marketing for bloggers. Drip content, set automations up, track URL’s and run your automated content upgrade delivery and email courses via Convertkit. Get the automations and email marketing tools you need to grow your blog and business. Join 13000+ bloggers and try ConvertKit today. I personally use Convertkit for my weekly blog newsletter and love it!
Looking for affordable and easy to use email marketing and autoresponder tools
Send email newsletters, campaigns, online surveys and follow-up autoresponders. Simple, easy interface. FREE sign up. I have personally used GetResponse when I used to work for some clients, and it’s very easy and ‘non-fancy’ software that does what it promises.
Affiliate resources + affiliate programs with recurring affiliate income
Affilorama is great if you want to get started with taking affiliates seriously. Affilorama brings you free affiliate marketing training, software and support. I absolutely love to forward new bloggers and everyone that wants to get started with affiliate marketing to affilorama!
DreamHost is the leader in shared web hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud storage and cloud computing.
WordPress related affiliate programs with recurring affiliate income
Get the ultimate WordPress Toolkit for web design. A must-have for every WordPress bloggers!
WPCurve is great for bloggers that use WordPress as their CMS. WP Curve gives you access to a live WordPress developer 24 hours a day for support, maintenance, and small fixes. Woah!
Pretty Links is a WordPress plugin that helps you to shrink, cloak, track, organize, and share short links using your domain name and brand. Must have for every blogger and everyone that wants to get started with affiliate marketing!
MemberMouse™ is an easy to use WordPress membership plugin that allows you to sell products, subscriptions and memberships, set up a password protected member’s area, offer 1-click upsells and downsells, manage customers, automate customer service, track critical retention metrics and more. You need this!
Shopify is a complete e-commerce solution that allows you to set up an online store to sell your goods. It’s like the ‘WordPress’ for shop owners and it’s great. I use it for my e-commerce business too!
Developer of multiple Shopify Apps, I personally use their ‘recommended products’ app in my store.
Linx is awesome because it lets you add multiple links to your Instagram bio!
Click Funnels is a platform that allows you to create and configure a wide range of lead pages. These are professionally created themes that you can configure and help you make more sales. It’s great, I just got aboard!
Create high converting carts and upsells to boost sales. Set up checkout pages and one-click upsells specifically designed for marketers. Easily add bump offers, recurring payments, one-click upsells and more in seconds.
Boost your social media productivity — it doesn’t have to be a manual time-consuming process! Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, RSS feeds, blogs, and Plurk! Easily schedule updates, find quality people to follow, and monitor social media activity!
Proof is literally the best investment you can do when you sell things like ebooks and courses. It gives social proof by showing a tiny pop-up down the screen with ‘this person just purchased this product’. Easiest way to sell more!
Get started with more passive income strategies
I love passive income, and as affiliate marketing is just a small part of it, I figured you’d love my free ebook ‘passive income 101’. You can request your copy here:Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials