There is a huge amount to think about when you own a product manufacturing business. One day you’ll be focusing on employees and the next you will be worrying about machinery. It’s the perfect job for perfectionists. For those who enjoy completing projects set out for them by other companies. You may be making promotional materials one day and the next make a component for the inside of a newly developed machine. If this is what you want to get into, or indeed if you already own a business like it then perhaps these tips can give you an extra shot of productivity in your workplace.
Choose The Right Machinery
You need to nail down what kind of manufacturer you want to be straight away because it will dictate the machinery you need. If you are focused on plastics then you’ll need something to transport the plastic around at a decent rate, something like a tube conveyor. If you want to work with metals then you will need engraving machinery like lasers as well as cutting machinery and even smelting facilities. Whatever you choose, make sure you are sure because machinery of this calibre is quite expensive and any mistakes now will cost you dear in the long run.
Find The Perfect Premises
Spend time on this because all of the machinery will be noisy in the extreme, meaning somewhere on the edge of a town or city is preferable to a building in the middle where residents could start complaining over noise pollution. You also need to ensure the premises in question has enough space for what you want to achieve. This means measuring the above machinery and ensuring it fits nicely. Remember, you also need space for an office, break room, materials room, etc. So don’t cram as much machinery in as possible or you’ll end up with no space for everything else. If you want more machinery, put the research in and find a different premises. If you have the ability to borrow more from the bank consider buying land and building the right premises for yourself. Otherwise, you’ll just have to find something that suits you perfectly.
Health And Safety
This needs to be a huge focus of yours. With all of the machinery in your premises you should try to ensure there is a clear set of rules to follow regarding health and safety. Make sure all of your employees are briefed on the issues and provide the right types of protective clothing and equipment. The you do with health and safety the better due diligence you show in case anything goes wrong. This can help if you are taken to court over something. Try to set out an employee handbook in which all of the rules and regulations are outlines and ask them to sign something declaring they have read it all. You should have operation ruled for each type of machinery and you should be prepared to discipline those who don’t follow the rules. This kind of behaviour ensures others follow the rules as they know there will be consequences. Just think, you’re only doing the best for your employees.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |