Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Many people dream of manufacturing their own product from scratch. If you have a great idea, building it yourself could make you very rich. But what steps do you need to take in order to begin? I did some research, because yes, it’s been a dream of mine. Of course, this process is not cheap, so make sure you enroll in my $5k in 21-days challenge before you start, to earn your extra $5000 in 3 weeks!
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
| Outline Your Ideas and Designs |
The first thing you’ll want to do is outline your ideas and designs. These are for your benefit, so you can begin creating the perfect representation of your idea. It’s a good idea to take your time. Think of multiple designs that could work, and ask yourself questions. What could go wrong with certain designs? Can you come up with pros and cons? Brainstorming will allow you to choose the best design to go with. Search on Pinterest for design ideas! (And follow me there @nnonimay)
| Create Your Own Prototype |
Now the fun part. You can create your own prototype! This prototype isn’t supposed to be perfect. It’s simply supposed to represent that which you’re trying to create. You can use clay, plastic, or anything else you think will be suitable to create your product. Creating the best version of your product comes later. For now, this is about getting an idea of what can work and learning from your mistakes.
| Test It Out |
Test out your product to help you figure out what must be changed. Will it break easily? Could it injure somebody? Make sure you know as much as you can about your product.
| Find Somewhere To Mass Produce Your Invention |
If you decide you have the design right, then look for somewhere to mass produce your product. In some cases, you may want to continue to product the product yourself. However, you won’t be able to produce nearly as much stock this way. Looking for a manufacturer to help you do this is very important. Don’t rush, and make sure you read reviews. If you would rather create the product yourself, it could be worth investing money in injection molding training. You’ll then have all of the knowledge you need to create your product out of plastic.
| Beware Of Potential Scams |
There are many potential scams you could fall victim to out there. Make sure that before working with any company, you search online to read reviews. Being smart is a must. However, just because a manufacturing company or another supplier has a bad website, does not mean they are going to scam you. In fact, many people will tell you that manufacturing companies are well known for having bad websites. It doesn’t affect the quality of their product.
| Make Sure There’s A Demand For Your Product |
You need to make sure there’s a demand for your product before you go and produce thousands and thousands of them. It’s a good idea to manufacture them in small batches first, so you can ensure you’re going to sell the amount you need to sell to make your money back.
Manufacturing your own product from scratch won’t be easy. You’ll need to make sure you have everything covered and that it’s going to suit your target market. Taking your time is a must. Research and learn as much as you can before hand to get it right!
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials