Wasted time leads to lower productivity, and a dented bottom line. Every moment that you waste in the office has knock-on consequences. So, if you’re going to avoid those devastating consequences, you should be aware of the things that waste your time in the office.
Long, Aimless Meetings
When you organise a meeting, do you always know what it’s for and what you hope to achieve from it? If you don’t, then you have a real problem. If you ask me, you should never enter a meeting without a very clear idea of what you want to learn or get out of it. Those long and aimless meetings that occur in so many offices each day tend to do nothing but waste time. That’s not what you want, so try to give them some kind of focus and clarity if you can.
If you haven’t updated the technology that your employees rely on for a long time, inefficiency will become a problem. Technology slows and becomes less efficient over time. And you also miss out on the latest capabilities on offer from the best contemporary appliances. So, maybe it’s time for you to invest in technology. It will allow your employees to do their best work and become more efficient. In the end, those costs should be covered easily.
There are some processes that your business has to go over again and again. For processes like this, it makes sense to define them properly and put a clear set of guidelines in place. This helps to prevent wasted time and make things simpler for your employees. Digital agency processes need to be uniform and defined in order to avoid mistakes as well. Not only will less time get wasted, but you should be able to make more money and build a more profitable business too.
Clear Policies on Internal Communications
If your employees are constantly trying to talk to you and take up your time, you can find it hard to get anything done. This is why there should be policies in place that make it clear when it’s alright to come to you to talk. Of course, you don’t want to shut people out. But you often need quiet time without interruptions when you are trying to run a business properly. Don’t avoid making it clear when it’s alright to talk and when it’s not just because you don’t want to appear impolite. People will understand if you’re clear.
Not Enough Administrative Support
Admin tasks can take up a lot of your time if you have to take care of them all by yourself. It’s much wiser to hire a secretary who can look after these tasks for you. That way, you won’t have to get bogged down in mundane tasks that seem to take up all your time. A lack of this kind of support will simply result in you wasting so much time that could be spent doing more important things. Make this change today.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!