It’s a pretty safe bet that every entrepreneur wants their business to run as efficiently as possible. The idea here is to offer the best possible products and services for the lowest possible cost. Whether you’re just getting started or you’ve been running your business for several years, there’s always room to make your business more efficient. Here are a few universal ways of doing this…
Update and Streamline Technology
Have a quick look around your office space. If your employees are all working on five-year-old computers hooked up to ten-year-old monitors, it’s time for a major, sweeping change in your tech infrastructure. Yes, this represents a huge cost at first glance. However, updating your company’s hardware and software on a regular basis is essential to your short and long-term success. One of the most basic staples of productivity is speed, so make sure your office computers are equipped with the fastest kinds of hardware and software you can afford. If you’re constantly having to put things on hold because of some technical issue, then it may also be a good idea to outsource some of your tech infrastructure to a managed IT services company. Every modern business is dependent on technology in some way or another, so starting here is a very smart move.
Optimize Social Media Marketing
Social media is one of the most effective marketing tools modern business owners have at their disposal. You’re probably not ignoring the massive potential in social media campaigns, but are you making sure that your social media platforms are really working for you as best as they can? As important as good social media management is, it’s not something that should represent a massive investment of time and effort. Just a few hours, spread out over your average working week, should be more than enough to keep on top of your accounts adequately and effectively. Do yourself a favor, and start looking into programs that will allow you to streamline social media, such as Hootsuite, MarketMeSuite, and so on. These will allow you to control all of your social media profiles from one user-friendly platform, and make posting in a timely and effective manner a complete breeze.
Keep an Eye on Employee Workflow
If you know it’s been a while, take some time to analyze the workflow of all your employees, and gauge how efficient they’re being. If your company’s too big for you to carry out this work personally, have your supervisors spend some time with each department in order to determine how each separate team handles their individual tasks. After that, you can meet with them and have them compare notes, discussing whether there’s any faster, less costly ways that workers could be accomplishing their tasks. This process can be helped massively be encouraging more open and frequent communication between different departments at your company. When everyone’s collaborating in a helpful way, more work will get done with less of an overall strain on the business’s time and resources.
Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |