If you’re marketing your business online in 2017, you need to think about SEO. If you’re not sure what SEO is, it’s a way of optimizing your site for search engines. By doing this, you can make sure that customers find your site when they are looking for a product that you’re selling or a service that you offer. So, it’s easy to see how it’s in your best interest to invest in SEO this coming year. But you do have to make sure that you are making the right decisions with your SEO campaign. Here are a few dos and don’ts that you need to think about.
Do Invest In The Help Of A Skilled Marketer
While it is possible to DIY your SEO campaign, it’s not advisable. Particularly in 2017 when the Google algorithm is going to be pickier than ever. The algorithm examines the SEO usage of every site on the internet index. If the SEO usage is poor, it’s going to get a low ranking. If it’s subtle yet effective, the ranking will be high. You must avoid using methods of SEO that are considered to be blackhat. These tactics are dangerous, damaging and downright dirty. They can be the difference between a winning campaign and a site that is quickly plunged to the bottom of the SERPS. So, if you are DIYing SEO, you need to be very careful. Most top businesses instead invest in the services of an SEO company.
Don’t Focus On Links And Keywords Exclusively
In the past, it might have been possible to build up a successful SEO campaign by just building links and keywords on the site. Not anymore because a) that’s going to cause issues with the algorithm and b) there are other more interesting, effective methods. For instance, you should definitely stay active on social media. This will give you a lot of interest online and ensure that people are always paying attention to your business.
Do Check Out Reviews
Using an SEO company, it’s important that you get a feel for their past achievements on the market. You need to make sure that they are a reputable company and can deliver on their promise. Be aware of any business that offers to quote a price before seeing your site. SEO is not and should never be a one size fits all type of service. It will depend on how much work your site needs and how big your online profile is already.
Don’t Bother With Scams
Finally, you need to make sure that you avoid paying for something that is essential nothing more than a scam. One of the best examples of this would be any website that says they can guarantee results in a few days or even hours. Building an SEO campaign should take months. If they are promising results too quickly, it’s guaranteed they are using blackhat tactics. You will see results, but your victory will be short-lived. The algorithm will quickly correct the situation, and your ranking will take a nasty beating.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!