Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
If you’re marketing your business online in 2017, you need to think about SEO. If you’re not sure what SEO is, it’s a way of optimizing your site for search engines. By doing this, you can make sure that customers find your site when they are looking for a product that you’re selling or a service that you offer. So, it’s easy to see how it’s in your best interest to invest in SEO this coming year. But you do have to make sure that you are making the right decisions with your SEO campaign. Here are a few dos and don’ts that you need to think about.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Do Invest In The Help Of A Skilled Marketer
While it is possible to DIY your SEO campaign, it’s not advisable. Particularly in 2017 when the Google algorithm is going to be pickier than ever. The algorithm examines the SEO usage of every site on the internet index. If the SEO usage is poor, it’s going to get a low ranking. If it’s subtle yet effective, the ranking will be high. You must avoid using methods of SEO that are considered to be blackhat. These tactics are dangerous, damaging and downright dirty. They can be the difference between a winning campaign and a site that is quickly plunged to the bottom of the SERPS. So, if you are DIYing SEO, you need to be very careful. Most top businesses instead invest in the services of an SEO company.
Don’t Focus On Links And Keywords Exclusively
In the past, it might have been possible to build up a successful SEO campaign by just building links and keywords on the site. Not anymore because a) that’s going to cause issues with the algorithm and b) there are other more interesting, effective methods. For instance, you should definitely stay active on social media. This will give you a lot of interest online and ensure that people are always paying attention to your business.
Do Check Out Reviews
Using an SEO company, it’s important that you get a feel for their past achievements on the market. You need to make sure that they are a reputable company and can deliver on their promise. Be aware of any business that offers to quote a price before seeing your site. SEO is not and should never be a one size fits all type of service. It will depend on how much work your site needs and how big your online profile is already.
Don’t Bother With Scams
Finally, you need to make sure that you avoid paying for something that is essential nothing more than a scam. One of the best examples of this would be any website that says they can guarantee results in a few days or even hours. Building an SEO campaign should take months. If they are promising results too quickly, it’s guaranteed they are using blackhat tactics. You will see results, but your victory will be short-lived. The algorithm will quickly correct the situation, and your ranking will take a nasty beating.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials