As we all know, most startups fail, and they fail badly. That might sound negative, but the truth isn’t always nice, and many people don’t want to hear it. However, burying your head in the sand, especially when it comes to running a business, is never a very good idea. You will not be able to escape your problem for long if you simply choose to ignore them. Here are 6 things that you really need to get right if you want your startup to have any chance of succeeding.
1. Financial Matters
Money really does matter when you start a company. You can start a business with very little money. But you can’t keep it operational for very long without money. That’s why it’s important not to take a narrow, short-term approach to these things. You should definitely focus on costing everything, and finding financing for the business before you actually get it up and running properly.
2. Office Size and Space
You need to have a good base from which your business can do its work and find success. If you choose an office that doesn’t offer you the size and space you need, you’ll run into problems. Don’t skimp on this cost because it’s going to be one of the most important things of all. Being able to use the space you have properly will be key if you want your company to succeed.
3. Customer Care
Customers are the most important thing to your business. If you don’t have customers, you won’t have a business for much longer either. Taking care of your customers and making sure that their problems are fixed swiftly and positively is really important. So, create a plan for how you will care for customers and always offer them the very best.
4. Tech and IT
Every modern business has to have a proper strategy for dealing with tech and IT matters. You can head to ItWorks.Us.com for help and support if you’re not the most tech-savvy person in the world. Whatever your approach is, you need to make sure that you have the hardware and software in place that allows you and your team to succeed.
5. Hiring Steadily
Hiring new people can be tricky when you run a startup and you don’t have much money leftover. You should try to do it steadily. Hiring too many people straight away can be a mistake because it places too much financial pressure on the business. Think carefully and build a small, core team of people to begin with. You can then bring new people into the fold as the business grows.
It can be really hard to get your voice heard above all the other companies in the industry when you run a startup. Your business will be the new kid on the block, and this will cause other people to be suspicious of you. By networking, getting your face seen at the right events and generally letting more people know about your company, you can build bridges and find new opportunities much quicker. Head to huffingtonpost.com for networking tips.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |