Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
As we all know, most startups fail, and they fail badly. That might sound negative, but the truth isn’t always nice, and many people don’t want to hear it. However, burying your head in the sand, especially when it comes to running a business, is never a very good idea. You will not be able to escape your problem for long if you simply choose to ignore them. Here are 6 things that you really need to get right if you want your startup to have any chance of succeeding.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
1. Financial Matters
Money really does matter when you start a company. You can start a business with very little money. But you can’t keep it operational for very long without money. That’s why it’s important not to take a narrow, short-term approach to these things. You should definitely focus on costing everything, and finding financing for the business before you actually get it up and running properly.
2. Office Size and Space
You need to have a good base from which your business can do its work and find success. If you choose an office that doesn’t offer you the size and space you need, you’ll run into problems. Don’t skimp on this cost because it’s going to be one of the most important things of all. Being able to use the space you have properly will be key if you want your company to succeed.
3. Customer Care
Customers are the most important thing to your business. If you don’t have customers, you won’t have a business for much longer either. Taking care of your customers and making sure that their problems are fixed swiftly and positively is really important. So, create a plan for how you will care for customers and always offer them the very best.
4. Tech and IT
Every modern business has to have a proper strategy for dealing with tech and IT matters. You can head to ItWorks.Us.com for help and support if you’re not the most tech-savvy person in the world. Whatever your approach is, you need to make sure that you have the hardware and software in place that allows you and your team to succeed.
5. Hiring Steadily
Hiring new people can be tricky when you run a startup and you don’t have much money leftover. You should try to do it steadily. Hiring too many people straight away can be a mistake because it places too much financial pressure on the business. Think carefully and build a small, core team of people to begin with. You can then bring new people into the fold as the business grows.
It can be really hard to get your voice heard above all the other companies in the industry when you run a startup. Your business will be the new kid on the block, and this will cause other people to be suspicious of you. By networking, getting your face seen at the right events and generally letting more people know about your company, you can build bridges and find new opportunities much quicker. Head to huffingtonpost.com for networking tips.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials