Every now and then I have a bad day. Yesterday I had a bad day at work. Everything went wrong, from disappointing emails to literally slipping everything out of my hands. I wrote some things down how to turn around a bad day, here are my tips. Hopefully you can use them during a bad day.
| 1. Start the day over |
Accept that you have a bad day, and decide to start over. Go for a walk (change atmosphere for a while) and come back to your desk fresh. Write down a new to do list, look to the world with a new attitude. Do you work from home? Try to make time to take a shower (yes – in the middle of the day, it’s ok) and try on some new clothes (preferably your favourite outfit!). This will help you feel new and fresh. Who said you had a bad day again?
| 2. Have a look at things you love |
Pinterest, the place for all things pretty is the place to find happiness during working hours. I recently created a personal account, you can follow me here. You can look for happiness quotes, happy images or just baby animals; whatever makes you happy. My reminder for a happy life is this board I created.
| 3. Be alone |
Get some work done without the need to communicate with others. As it might go wrong, try to work alone and unplug. On a bad day it’s likely you’ll say things you will regret later. So try to have some you + work time and enjoy your quiet time.
| 4. Try to let it go |
Try to let things go (insert Disney song..). Accept the fact that you have a bad day and that tomorrow will be better. Mindfulness and meditation may help you with accepting things.
| 5. Write everything down |
Start journalling your day. Write down what you have accomplished today. Write down what went wrong. Clear your mind with lists… start a to do list, create a happy list, a everything that went wrong today list, etc.. And if you’re still angry afterwards, feel free to shred the paper (this works very therapeutic)!
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online