Agh! In business there is simply so much you need to learn and it can get frustrating! When you start a business, you just want to achieve your goal, or goals, whatever it is/they are. It can be disheartening to learn that there is so much middle ground between the start and your goal – but that is life! That middle ground is only going to expand based on just how inexperienced you are in business. That changes with how your knowledge and experience grows in different areas. If you choose to ignore improvements, you might just stay in that middle ground for a very long time indeed! You need to master the ways of customer service, and you also need to plan. There are a lot of things to take into account when you’re in that middle ground – one of those things is technology.
Advances in technology have not only made tasks easier for businesses in recent years, they have revolutionized the way that we conduct business. Technology has opened pathways for businesses that simply did not exist before! Whether your workplace is a laptop on the beach with wifi, or in an office block in the financial district of a major city – you still need to do one thing – you need to master technology and harness its capabilities to improve your business. A big mistake would be to stay living in ignorance, or even fear, of technology – your business will be the one that suffers!
To start off mastering tech – you need to open yourself up to the idea of using it. Technology could mean a camera that changes your filming business, or it could be an app that makes things easier for you. Open yourself up to the possibilities.
Now, you need to use. Find new applications of technology. See what it does and see what you can make it do. Question it at every turn and take these questions to the next phase. Develop ideas and get used to the ‘using’ and deployment of technology.
Next, you need to learn. Work out the functions of the technology. Read around the internet, read books about technology in the workplace and your industry. Check out this post and others like it to gather inspiration. Educating yourself removes the fear of the unknown that dominates our brains!
This cycle doesn’t stop – since new ways and products are always being developed. You simply need to once more, open yourself up to the idea of using a new piece of technology, a new app or a new piece of hardware – then you need to get comfortable with it and its functions through use. Following this, you need to step back and reflect on the use and study. This works for every piece of tech – from an app to a computer.
Tech is so important to master, and pretty much because it makes our lives easier. For a good example, photo editing suites mean we don’t need to stand in red rooms for hours on end to produce great photos! Explore and find out how your mastery of tech could help your workplace and business succeed.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |