Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Nowadays, running a business from home is not exactly a unique proposition. Not anymore anyway! The advent of the internet and digital ages, as well as advances in digital tech and the power of cloud computing have made a lot possible for us in business. This means that more and more people than ever before can fulfill their dream of running a business from their own home. This can be a dream, or it can be a nightmare – it depends on how well you can work from home, how productive you can be, if you can tell yourself that enough is enough and if you can avoid distractions.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Running a business from anywhere, be it a garage or a home or an office will always come with a set of challenges, but running a company and working from home presents the business owner a number of unique headaches that need to be dealt with to make a success of working from home. This can range from how well the home works as an actual workspace to your attitude at working in the home. If certain conditions aren’t met, working from home could be a massive drain and it could be a lot harder to be productive than if you were working from a professional space, like an office desk.
Firstly, a lot of people aren’t cut out to working from home. Running a business is serious business and needs to be taken seriously. Running a business, or even working for a company from home isn’t a holiday. You’re working to make cash, and if your attitude isn’t one that is productive, you are not going to be able to make cash, and thus your business will not be anywhere near a success. To work from home, you need to be able to remove distractions and stick to specific working hours. Otherwise, you will lose track of time and lose your earnings.
The home environment isn’t always suited to business either. It can be super hard to be productive on a couch and that’s not your fault – it’s because of the laidback surroundings. If you can afford to carve out a dedicated working space – great! Home offices will make you productive, but if you can find a desk that can help you work productively and calmly, you can certainly make a success out of working from home. How suitable your home is for business depends on, well, your home. If you are running a clothing and accessory business from home and can’t find anywhere to safely store the products you have purchased from the elf925 wholesale silver jewelry portal, then they run the risk of getting damaged. Your home needs to become a headquarters.
How can you run a business from home effectively? By adopting a business attitude and by ensuring that not only yourself, but your home, are fit for business. If you’re not in a business frame of mind and if your home isn’t suitable for business – you can find it hard, but not impossible, to run a home business.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials