Nowadays, running a business from home is not exactly a unique proposition. Not anymore anyway! The advent of the internet and digital ages, as well as advances in digital tech and the power of cloud computing have made a lot possible for us in business. This means that more and more people than ever before can fulfill their dream of running a business from their own home. This can be a dream, or it can be a nightmare – it depends on how well you can work from home, how productive you can be, if you can tell yourself that enough is enough and if you can avoid distractions.
Running a business from anywhere, be it a garage or a home or an office will always come with a set of challenges, but running a company and working from home presents the business owner a number of unique headaches that need to be dealt with to make a success of working from home. This can range from how well the home works as an actual workspace to your attitude at working in the home. If certain conditions aren’t met, working from home could be a massive drain and it could be a lot harder to be productive than if you were working from a professional space, like an office desk.
Firstly, a lot of people aren’t cut out to working from home. Running a business is serious business and needs to be taken seriously. Running a business, or even working for a company from home isn’t a holiday. You’re working to make cash, and if your attitude isn’t one that is productive, you are not going to be able to make cash, and thus your business will not be anywhere near a success. To work from home, you need to be able to remove distractions and stick to specific working hours. Otherwise, you will lose track of time and lose your earnings.
The home environment isn’t always suited to business either. It can be super hard to be productive on a couch and that’s not your fault – it’s because of the laidback surroundings. If you can afford to carve out a dedicated working space – great! Home offices will make you productive, but if you can find a desk that can help you work productively and calmly, you can certainly make a success out of working from home. How suitable your home is for business depends on, well, your home. If you are running a clothing and accessory business from home and can’t find anywhere to safely store the products you have purchased from the elf925 wholesale silver jewelry portal, then they run the risk of getting damaged. Your home needs to become a headquarters.
How can you run a business from home effectively? By adopting a business attitude and by ensuring that not only yourself, but your home, are fit for business. If you’re not in a business frame of mind and if your home isn’t suitable for business – you can find it hard, but not impossible, to run a home business.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |