What’s the most important thing for your small business? Well, this is debatable, but you need to realize the importance of a website. Around 60% of small startups, these days don’t have websites, and they are at a disadvantage. So, you have to ensure that you can be as successful as possible you have got to make sure you produce the best website and the best customer experience you possibly can.
Remember that building a website is something different than building a WordPress or website. Also read my 4 step WordPress blog tutorial for non-techies.
Work on the Layout
The layout and presentation of your website are so important. People need to be impressed where they visit your site. And the way to achieve this is to work on the design and layout of the site. It should be interesting, simple to use and provide people with precisely what they need. And make sure you don’t forget the function of your website. Indeed, the purpose of 80% of websites is to inform and educate clients about the business. So combine this important information with a great layout, and you’ll be onto a winner.
Secure a Domain
One of the most essential parts of starting and creating a website is securing a domain. And this is the part a lot of people leave until the last minute. Don’t do this. Sort out the website domain as soon as you can so you can focus on exposing your site. This means finding reliable web hosting providers who can provide these services for you. Securing a domain is one of the things that you can’t actually build a website without.
Make it Fun
There’s nothing worse than a website that is dull and boring. You have to use this as a tool that allows you to engage with customers. And the only way to do that is to make it as fun and interesting as possible. If you’re struggling with this, just think about what you would want to see when you visit a business website. Put yourself in the shoes of customers and the general public and think about what they would like to see from your website. Remember, if you already have a website, you are one of the 83% who most likely feels they have a competitive advantage. Now, use this as best you can to ensure that you can attract even more people.
The Right Name
What’s in a name? Well, a lot if you ask Shakespeare! And, to be honest, names are crucial in business too. People associate a name and a brand together, like cheese and wine. So it’s really important to remember this, and, where possible, you need to try to make sure your name is used in the web address somewhere. This makes you instantly identifiable as a business. It also prevents the issue of people confusing your company with others. Make sure you secure the right name for your business website as soon as you can – you’ll thank me later!
Developing and creating the ideal website for your business is no walk in the park. It’s something you’re going to need to put time and resources into. You have to make sure you get it right otherwise you’re going to suffer as a result.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!