Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
What’s the most important thing for your small business? Well, this is debatable, but you need to realize the importance of a website. Around 60% of small startups, these days don’t have websites, and they are at a disadvantage. So, you have to ensure that you can be as successful as possible you have got to make sure you produce the best website and the best customer experience you possibly can.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Remember that building a website is something different than building a WordPress or website. Also read my 4 step WordPress blog tutorial for non-techies.
Work on the Layout
The layout and presentation of your website are so important. People need to be impressed where they visit your site. And the way to achieve this is to work on the design and layout of the site. It should be interesting, simple to use and provide people with precisely what they need. And make sure you don’t forget the function of your website. Indeed, the purpose of 80% of websites is to inform and educate clients about the business. So combine this important information with a great layout, and you’ll be onto a winner.
Secure a Domain
One of the most essential parts of starting and creating a website is securing a domain. And this is the part a lot of people leave until the last minute. Don’t do this. Sort out the website domain as soon as you can so you can focus on exposing your site. This means finding reliable web hosting providers who can provide these services for you. Securing a domain is one of the things that you can’t actually build a website without.
Make it Fun
There’s nothing worse than a website that is dull and boring. You have to use this as a tool that allows you to engage with customers. And the only way to do that is to make it as fun and interesting as possible. If you’re struggling with this, just think about what you would want to see when you visit a business website. Put yourself in the shoes of customers and the general public and think about what they would like to see from your website. Remember, if you already have a website, you are one of the 83% who most likely feels they have a competitive advantage. Now, use this as best you can to ensure that you can attract even more people.
The Right Name
What’s in a name? Well, a lot if you ask Shakespeare! And, to be honest, names are crucial in business too. People associate a name and a brand together, like cheese and wine. So it’s really important to remember this, and, where possible, you need to try to make sure your name is used in the web address somewhere. This makes you instantly identifiable as a business. It also prevents the issue of people confusing your company with others. Make sure you secure the right name for your business website as soon as you can – you’ll thank me later!
Developing and creating the ideal website for your business is no walk in the park. It’s something you’re going to need to put time and resources into. You have to make sure you get it right otherwise you’re going to suffer as a result.
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials