A lot of businesses will need to think about their online presence at some point in their marketing plan. Because although it isn’t the main part of the business, it can help to make your business a success. In such an online world, no one can find you if you’re not out there in cyberspace. So if you don’t have an online strategy in place, then it is really important that you get one. It can be the difference in your business that can make or break it.
One of the biggest ways to improve your online presence online is through search engine optimization (or SEO for short). Are you thinking about this and if it is going to be worth it for your business? Then you need to stop thinking about it. In many ways, it can be a no-brainer! SEO is one of the best ways to increase traffic to your site. It can bring in more people to your site than you can even think of really. If you think about it, there are over three billion online searches a day. That is a huge amount! Not all of the searches are going to be relevant to you, of course. But you want to be included in that search, for when it is something that is relevant to you, then you need to be online. One of the best ways to do that is to be making sure that your site is optimized to be found on a search engine; SEO.
What are some of the best ways to increase or improve your SEO, though? Because in most cases, your business needs to be doing it. One way that you can get started with it is by creating a site with a blog element to it. Blogging is big business at the moment, and it is highly likely that it will be staying that way too. So it is important to be involved in that conversation too. Firstly, it creates more pages or topics for your blog to be found with. So if you’re business is gardening services business, for example, then your main site will be about your prices, testimonials, and what services you offer. But your blog element on the website will be tips for gardening in fall or the best ways to prune a tree, for example. So it opens up your searchability a lot. So all businesses need to be blogging.
Another way to increase your website traffic and improve your SEO is through creating backlinks. To start off with, it might be a good idea to do a bit of an SEO audit. A company like Digitalico marketing agency could be able to do something along those lines. They can look at your SEO and then give constructive feedback on what needs to be done. Then you can work on improving things like your backlinks if that comes up in the audit.
You want to make sure that you have good quality backlinks to start with. You also want to make sure that your links aren’t on any sites that have any search engine penalties. Otherwise, it means that the backlink is rendered pretty useless. There are several sites online that can help you to check this kind of thing. When you write a blog on your website, you can link to previous posts and other pages on your site. All of which can help build up your backlinks. You could also look at link building online, using an agency, or do your own by working with influencers, for instance. That usually means they are offered your product or service in exchange (though you might have it in your marketing budget to pay them).
What it comes down to, at the end of the day, is that you need to be taking the time to do this as part of your business plan. It might mean creating a new position in your business for someone to focus on the online marketing. It might be simpler for many smaller businesses to outsource the online marketing and SEO, as it will require a lot of care and attention to do it well. Either way, you need to be online in this day and age in order to really make a success of your business. The consumers are online, so you need to be too. So if you haven’t been doing any of the above strategies, then now is the time to start. Put them on your marketing radar, and you’ll reap the benefits.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |