Becoming bankrupt is a fear that most people will never have become a reality. But, for the few people that have to live through this nightmare, there has to be some change. Once you’ve been in this situation, though, the only real way is up. And, if you play your cards right, you can have a second chance at a good life. You just need to take the next few years very seriously. And, put some work in. To help you out with this, this post will be going through some of the stages in time that you will need to consider.
When you have to declare yourself bankrupt, anyone that you owe money to can contest the claim. This can be a difficult battle to fight. The companies that give out loans are usually equipped with expert lawyers to deal with issues for them. This means that you will not be able to face them on your own. You will need the help of a good bankruptcy lawyer. If you can, it’s generally best to use your own lawyer here. If you use a lawyer that’s been assigned to you by the state, you stand much lower chances of winning the cases. It’s essential that this stage goes smoothly. It will impact the rest of your financial life. So, it’s incredibly important.
Once you’ve declared bankruptcy, and you’ve settled your debts, you’re ready to start fresh. For most people, this will involve starting in an entry level job. Or, if you still have a job, saving from scratch. You will likely lose a lot of your possessions through this ordeal. So, you will have to begin the process of replacing things. But, only the buy the things you need. The absolute essentials. The rest of your money should go into savings and investments. The best investments to make at this stage are smaller, riskier ones. They will give you a higher return, making your money grow faster. Once you’ve got a decent amount behind you, you can look into investing in safer things. This will include things like property and bonds.
The future of your finances will greatly depend on how you handle them in the years to come. By saving as much as possible, you will secure a future for yourself. Because you’re starting later than usual, this might be a struggle for you. But, it’s worth going through the pain to ensure that you’re able to retire when you’re supposed to. And, once your money is sorted out, you will feel much more confident in yourself. It’s important to make sure you always think about the future when it comes to money. Every decision that you make should get you closer and closer to your financial goals.
Hopefully, this will help you if you’ve gone through or are going through bankruptcy. This information can be useful to anyone unsure how to deal with their money. But, like with most things, you need to do your own research, as well.There’s plenty of resources out there to help you make your financial future brighter.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |