Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
“Going global” used to be something that only the largest and most successful companies in the world could do. But today, thanks to a planetary communication device called the internet, it’s getting easier. In fact, the costs of expanding a business overseas have come down so much that it has led business author, Thomas Friedman, to write a book entitled, The World Is Flat, in which he argues that digital technologies and globalization have fundamentally changed the nature of markets. Before long, the cost of breaking into somewhere completely unknown, like the Far East, will be as simple as buying server space from your cloud provider.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
For small businesses, the process is still complicated. We’re a long way from the utopia of frictionless international markets. But those functions have come down considerably in the last decade alone, and continue to fall with each passing year. So how do you take advantage of this historical moment in history and break into a new market?
Make Sure Your Product Is Market Ready
When you enter a new market, you want to ensure that your product is differentiated from the competition. Ideally, your product should be so new and different from the existing offerings for domestic consumers that it blow it out of the water. Make sure that your product abides by local product regulations (which can sometimes be onerous) and ensure that you get any of the certifications you need to be compliant. Also, conduct an international trademark review. Some countries have different trademark and patent policies to others, so ensure that you have IP protection in place before beginning. Finally, build links to local logistics and distribution networks. Often your product is ready to launch upon arrival in a new market, but can you get it to customers?
Ensure Your Organisation Is Ready
Your product might be ready for launch in a new market, but is your organization? One of the problems that many businesses face is not being ready for the costs associated with entering a new market. Often it can be several years before foreign operations become profitable. In the meantime, they can take a toll on your finances. In these situations, bridge loans are usually the best option. You can find out more at Unsecured Finance Australia. Interest rates are typically low, even for companies that don’t have any tangible assets. These loans help established companies cover a cash flow shortfall.
Establish A Beachhead
Want to move your operations to a new country? You’ll need to establish a beachhead first. The best way to do this is to collect up all your best executives and send them to the new frontier to hire a local team and get your business rolling. Don’t just rely on agents or local managers who don’t really know your business: make sure that any instructions are delivered by people with an intimate knowledge of your operations. With the right people in place, you should be able to hit the ground running and set up your processes quickly and efficiently.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials