Everyone can appreciate the importance of financial stability. However, far too many people fall into the trap of focusing solely on short-term aspirations. In truth, sustainability is the key to long-term health, which is why you should always have one eye focused towards the future. If you’re currently ignoring those elements, now is the time to implement a few changes.
So let’s analyze the key ingredients in the recipe for long-term financial health. If you’re already taking care of them, then well done. If not, you know what needs to be done.
A Good Credit Score
Your financial health isn’t dictated by your money alone. It’s inevitable that you will need to take out credit at various stages in your life. Therefore, having a healthy credit history will open up far greater opportunities. If yours is currently in a bad way, these credit building tips are just for you.
By improving your score, you won’t only gain better options when looking at small purchases. It will also go a long way to helping future homeowners you get a mortgage also. If that isn’t an incentive to start acting right now, what is?
Suitable Asset Protection
If you already have a property of your own, it’s important to realize that this isn’t just a home. It’s probably your greatest financial asset also. Therefore, every home upgrade you complete should aim to increase the property value. Even if you aren’t planning to sell in the near future, the rewards cannot be ignored.
There are many ways to increase the value of the home. From installing new windows to converting the loft, those jobs will improve your standard of living too. Just remember to protect your property (and other assets) with the right insurances and security measures too.
Through Retirement Planning
Nobody really wants to think about retirement in their 20s or 30s. However, the harsh reality is that it will arrive far sooner than expected. Moreover, increasing life expectancy means that your money will need to last longer too. With this in mind, embracing this guide to taking greater control is essential.
In the meantime, getting into better habits will work wonders for your long-term sustainability too. Saving money on household bills, insurance quotes and other expenses will bring immediate rewards. Crucially, becoming more cost-efficient will reduce the financial strain when you reach retirement.
Appreciation Of Dependents
Let’s face it; gaining financial freedom isn’t a personal journey. It’s something that we build with our partners while our children are a huge factor in the overall situation too. Therefore, taking those people into account is equally crucial. In addition to working towards better careers and reduced waste, you should consider health aspects too. After all, unexpected medical bills can be one of the biggest financial problems imaginable.
On the other hand, you also need to protect yourself in case of a divorce, death, or other key development. Those bad moments in life aren’t something we want to think about too regularly. If they do arrive, knowing that you’re protected from a financial perspective will remove a great deal of strain. Do not forget it.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |