Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Every year I try not to work the last two weeks of the year, to fully focus on ending the year the right way: clean, without stress and deeply prepared both physically and mentally. The new year is just around the corner, here’s a list of things I always try to do before the new year, join me?
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
I get my eyes checked
I wear glasses and contact lenses, so every year I try to make an appointment with my optician to check-in if everything is still ok. More often I make several appointments throughout the year too, but sometimes when I travel it all comes down to that one appointment in December.
Dentist and doctor visits
Take care of yourself, and have yourself checked every now and then. For me, December is an easy reminder to check up on my health (especially if I can actually take those two weeks off for errands – this year 2016/2017 I can’t unfortunately because a big adventure starts at the end of the month!)
Organize my business administration (and personal admin)
My least favorite thing, but it feels so GOOD starting the new year with all bills paid, all outstanding invoices send out and all those things. I can send my admin in one batch to my accountant and it’s done. This usually takes at least one day, but after that full day, I can start the new year fresh. Also, I’d like to write down my savings, debt, and cash numbers – it’s fun to see over the years!
Declutter and deep clean my space
Yes… the thing that feels so good, decluttering cannot miss on this list. Don’t forget your digital clutter: clean up your computers, do a reinstall of your iPhone and computer etc. and clean the house and all the laundry. This takes up about two to three days if you want to do it reallll good, so don’t forget to make space in your life for new things the new year will bring!
Clean your inbox + organize my photos
The most important thing for me is to start the year clean with zero emails in my inbox. All photos sorted is a thing I started a few years back because it’s a task that I usually forget to do, and while I’m so busy at the end of the year cleaning everything, I might as well do that too.
Check-in with yourself
You can write a letter, answer questions or scribble a few things down on a piece of paper: how was the year, how did you do, what went right and what went wrong? Be as honest as possible and don’t forget to be kind for yourself.
What will the new year bring? What are your new year’s resolutions and goals? What are the steps you can take for a successful road to success? If you prepare this well, it’s not that hard to succeed reaching your goals. With the right preparations, you’re halfway there.
Good luck!Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials