Every year I try not to work the last two weeks of the year, to fully focus on ending the year the right way: clean, without stress and deeply prepared both physically and mentally. The new year is just around the corner, here’s a list of things I always try to do before the new year, join me?
I get my eyes checked
I wear glasses and contact lenses, so every year I try to make an appointment with my optician to check-in if everything is still ok. More often I make several appointments throughout the year too, but sometimes when I travel it all comes down to that one appointment in December.
Dentist and doctor visits
Take care of yourself, and have yourself checked every now and then. For me, December is an easy reminder to check up on my health (especially if I can actually take those two weeks off for errands – this year 2016/2017 I can’t unfortunately because a big adventure starts at the end of the month!)
Organize my business administration (and personal admin)
My least favorite thing, but it feels so GOOD starting the new year with all bills paid, all outstanding invoices send out and all those things. I can send my admin in one batch to my accountant and it’s done. This usually takes at least one day, but after that full day, I can start the new year fresh. Also, I’d like to write down my savings, debt, and cash numbers – it’s fun to see over the years!
Declutter and deep clean my space
Yes… the thing that feels so good, decluttering cannot miss on this list. Don’t forget your digital clutter: clean up your computers, do a reinstall of your iPhone and computer etc. and clean the house and all the laundry. This takes up about two to three days if you want to do it reallll good, so don’t forget to make space in your life for new things the new year will bring!
Clean your inbox + organize my photos
The most important thing for me is to start the year clean with zero emails in my inbox. All photos sorted is a thing I started a few years back because it’s a task that I usually forget to do, and while I’m so busy at the end of the year cleaning everything, I might as well do that too.
Check-in with yourself
You can write a letter, answer questions or scribble a few things down on a piece of paper: how was the year, how did you do, what went right and what went wrong? Be as honest as possible and don’t forget to be kind for yourself.
What will the new year bring? What are your new year’s resolutions and goals? What are the steps you can take for a successful road to success? If you prepare this well, it’s not that hard to succeed reaching your goals. With the right preparations, you’re halfway there.
Good luck!Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!