Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
The greatest thing about the digital revolution – and it is a revolution – is that so many rules of business just went up in smoke. Not so long ago, if you wanted to get a business going, you had a list of things a mile long. You had to get your premises, secure start-up funding, get a car. If you wanted to do much with that business, you either needed to be a scarily efficient polymath or hire more people.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Now, pretty much all you need is an idea, a laptop and enough wit to make sure you always have somewhere to sleep. To recharge your batteries, and those of your laptop and phone. It works for me, but is it for everyone? Well, that’s the question. You need to find your way of doing business, because what you’re doing has to suit you. Copying someone else’s plan just means doing what they did after they did it.
Digital Nomad Vs. Home Office
First things first. Not only is there no longer one way for everyone to do business. There is also no need to pick one way and stick to it. Particularly with a lot of apartments having short-term leases, you can settle somewhere for a few months before taking off again.
You can set up a home office for not much money. All you need is a desk and an affordable chair from officechairsonly.com or similar. If you find this works best for you, you can always extend the lease and make local business connections.
Digital Nomad Vs. Dedicated Premises
Now, it’s not for me because I like to move from place to place, but some people find that the routine of having a set hub gets the best from them. Clients can come and see you there without it feeling invasive. It’s easier to hire staff if you need them. And it stops you having to carry too much with you or fill your home with reminders of work.
But I don’t think you need an office to be a credible business. If you’ve got an email address and a working phone number, people can contact you. People go away on business all the time. As long as you can speak to customers – use Skype if it helps build trust – you can do business.
Digital Nomad Vs. Workin’ For The Man
You can make a living in a normal desk job, and not have many responsibilities. Once the clock ticks around and your shift is over, you’re free. And if you don’t want complications, maybe that works for you. However, my one question is “How long can you be happy doing that?”
Being able to call any new location “my office” means you don’t get stale in your settings. You’re not without responsibilities – you need to know how long you can stay and what type of visa you need, for a start. But it is elating, allows you to build experience of new places and make connections. All of which make it a great thing to have on your resume.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials