Working around the world (that’s a digital nomad!) on different places causes a different in productivity. I’m not at my best if my environment isn’t right (or with a jet lag!). Therefor I like to work from the same location if possible, to work efficiently and stay productive. Because the more productive I am work wise, the more time to explore new cities! I created a list of my favorite work spots with free wifi and great coffee around the world!
| Melbourne |
My favorite Australian city! I stayed there a few weeks, so it was important to create a work ritual, so get work done asap and explore the beautiful city in the afternoons! I stayed in different parts of the city but my favorite place was the Melbourne City Library on Flinders Lane 253. It’s very central so after your work session you can easily hop on the train or tram to one of the many great neighborhoods of Melbourne. Second came the State Library of Victoria, but I couldn’t connect to wifi there so it was a good place to get some writings done, but not to do wifi stuff.
| San Francisco |
I also stayed a little longer in San Fran (a few weeks) so it was important to find the best work spot in town! I soon found it in a place called Beacon Coffee & pantry. One of the typical San Francisco things is that it’s often not allowed to use wifi or your laptop in coffee places, because… there are a LOT techies out there. So at Beacon it is obviously allowed, and most tables are used by digital nomads. The vibe is awesome, the space is large enough to focus on your own stuff and the coffee is great! (805 Colombia Ave at Mason St.)
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You’ll immidiately receive your free guide!
Success! Now check your email to download the checklist!
| Amsterdam |
My home town. When I recommend people work places in Amsterdam with great coffee and free wifi, I always recommend Starbucks at Rembrandtplein, it’s one of my favorite places to work strangely enough. But Starbucks is boring, so I’d recommend the beautifully designed public library OBA near Central Station. Unfortunately the wifi isn’t free and only available for members (from €15 a year). So just have a look there, read a magazine and head over to great places in the city like White Label Coffee, Coffee Plaza near Westerpark or De Balie near Leidseplein. (for more digital nomad, restaurant and shopping hotspots check out my other blog Amsterdam Curated!)
| Bali |
I can’t believe it, but the wifi was actually pretty good in Bali, even better than most places in Australia! I did A LOT of work in Bali when I was there for two months, and there are many great places to work from. The beach, a coffee place or a villa with a pool? I could literally pick my favorites day by day. I was in Bali during rain season, which means the atmosphere was everything but nice. It was very hot and ‘wet’ so I didn’t really like working outside.
Instead I picked nice hotels with wifi and there are plenty of cafes with great wifi around Bali! In my experience, even better than the other Indonesian islands! I did meet a few other digital nomads, and we talked for hours about all the possible cafes with wifi in Bali! A few of my favorites? Starbucks in Sanur (sorry, boring option but great airco!) Betelnut cafe (Canggu), Grocer & Grind (Canggu), The Coffee Library (Seminyak), Starbucks (Sanur), Sea Circus (Seminyak), Wale &Co (Seminyak) and Earth Cafe in Sanur and Seminyak (favorite!). I have listed my favorite cafes and hotspots of Bali in my Bali travel guide, read it here.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!