It has long been shown that the happier and more content employees are, the more they will invest in their work. If they enjoy coming to work, then will enjoy doing their work. That will make the work environment a better place. But ultimately, it will make profits better too. Employees that are disgruntled or unhappy are just going to do the minimum when it comes to work. So it makes lots of sense to keep your employees happy. You can do some extravagant and big things, as well as smaller things. Just make sure that you are doing something and it will make a big difference. So what can you do to help keep your employees happy? Here are some ideas.
It might sound like an odd point to start with. But people can become frustrated when they don’t have a clear set of expectations. We like to be told what is expected of us. So don’t just presume that they know. Then it gives them a clear set of guidelines, and they know when things need to be done by. It will make the work day more productive when they have deadlines for instance. It is also good to give regular feedback. In life, we often only think about what giving feedback when something is wrong. But we also need to give feedback when something is done well too. It motivates and inspires, especially in the workplace. If they know their work is being recognized, it goes a long way.
Arrange Treats or Away Days
We all know how nice it is to get out of the office for a day. So when there is an event or away planned, it can give them a morale boost. It also helps the team bond and get to know each other better. This should help with the environment when you get back into the office. You could arrange an outdoor team building type of activity. You could arrange a corporate golf day or just to go and have a team lunch somewhere. Try and arrange these activities fairly often. Once a quarter is a good idea, but will depend on budget and workload, of course.
Make the Workplace Family Friendly
One of the biggest stressors in life is getting the work and life balance wrong. So if you don’t have things already in place, have a flexible schedule for the team to take a few hours off for a school event, for example. You could also be more flexible with how the team work. If they are able to work on their computer from home, it means that they won’t have to take a sick day when they are looking after a sick child. It might also be a good idea to arrange some kind of deal with a local child care center. If they could offer a discount to your employees, it would mean better business for both of you. When your team feel valued, they will be much more productive.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |
Travel more with less money
Download your free guide by signing up. You'll immidiately receive your free guide!