These days, a business’s website is responsible for a massive proportion of its success. With this in mind, you need to do everything in your power to make sure your site is engaging, intuitive, and never overly complicated. Over the past few years, user-friendliness has quickly become one of the most important staples of any website. If this element feels a little hard to pin down, here are some tips for accomplishing it…
Keep Your Content Readable
Content is among the most important factor in convincing any of the organic visitors you get to stick around, rather than bouncing back to a page of search results. Delivering content that’s fresh and easy to read is the first integral stepping stone to ensuring your website is totally user-friendly. Make sure your content is fairly easy to scan, making use of sub-headings and brief, concise paragraphs. Have all your content written in an accessible typography, with enough colour contrast to make it stand out clearly. It’s also a good idea to include a decent amount of white space. This is a helpful design element for highlighting elements of your page, and avoiding the possibility of a content-crowded, confusing website. As a final note, make sure you’re not leaving any broken links in the content you publish. These will just confuse and frustrate your visitors.
Pick Up the Pace
Time management is absolutely crucial when it comes to the user experience of your website. Modern consumers are extremely impatient, and if you keep them waiting a few seconds too long, it can send your bounce rate through the roof! Loading speeds are among the key focuses of most user experience consulting firms, so take it from the pros, this is one thing you can’t afford to overlook! Ideally, your site should be loading on most web browsers in under four seconds. There are a number of ways to do this, such as limiting and avoiding large image and video files, compressing your code, and keeping the number of redirects to a minimum. By making site speed a priority, you’ll do wonders for your user experience, and avoid letting any prospective leads slip through your fingers.
Work on your Navigation
Prioritise these three elements, and your site will be on its way to excellent user experience.
Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |