Planning a trip to Bali? Don’t forget to spend some time in Canggu, one of my very favorite places on the island! It’s less than 10km from Kuta (don’t stay there!) and close to Seminyak. Canggu is a small village, but is getting more and more popular now hipster vegan- and surf places pop up everywhere in the land between Kerobokan and Echo Beach.
The waves aren’t as good as other places on the island, but there are plenty of surfers enjoying a good surf, an easy ride to the beach on the bike with a surfboard and the good atmosphere – the nightlife is great!
Rock & Roll parties, cocktails and beach parties, that’s also Canggu. But it’s not taken over the village. That’s the best! You can search for it if you want to, but feel free to completely ignore it and you’ll feel more relaxed than ever, enjoying the sweet hip vegan restaurants, offering plenty of healthy food options. Canggu is the best! I don’t think I’ve ever eaten better than in Canggu (in Indonesia), because of the variation of ‘Healthy Australian food’ meets ‘Local Waroeng‘.
Watch the Canggu Travel Guide video for my favorites and check the addresses below:
| Canggu Restaurants + hangouts |
- Old Man’s
- Le Pirate
- Avocado Cafe
- Grocer and Grind
- Deus ex machina
- Waroeng Nonii. hehe, just for the name right? I haven’t eaten there but it seems alright! 😉
| Canggu Hostels / Apartments |
- I stayed in the LOVELY ‘The Apartments Canggu‘ and booked a studio. From the studios it’s only a 5-minute (bike) drive to Echo Beach in Canggu and they had a bike for me! I mean, a real Amsterdam bicycle, not an ‘Asian bike’. The Apartments offer modern one-bedroom and studio apartments with free Wi-Fi. It features an outdoor swimming pool and garden. Guests enjoy free use of bicycles and surfboards during stay.
Apartment studios have a living and kitchen area, and air-conditioned bedroom. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV (but only Indonesian television) and en-suite bathroom with shower. Some offer views of the rice field, pool or garden. I had a private entrance and an outdoor place. Really nice!
The bed was super nice and it was very clean! It was such a good place to stay. You can ride everything with your bike in Canggu, but finding a bike can be hard if your apartment or hostel doesn’t offer them, so this is a great solution!
- If you’re up for a surf, check out the super cute and well organized ‘The Chillhouse‘. The Chillhouse is a tropical lifestyle retreat that offers stylish accommodation and delicious organic meals, along with surfing, mountain biking, yoga sessions, body and soul treatments, and a wide range of cultural activities. YES. Super inspiring place!
- I also stayed at the more Indonesian homestay vibe apartments of ‘Lubdhaka Canggu Residence‘ and it was okay too. It’s a fancy homestay with everything you need and it’s clean too. I loved the ‘patio’ and the walk to your ‘house’. (photo below!)
Please keep in mind that Bali is changing rapidly, two months later everything can be completely different. They’re building all sort of touristic things all around the island, and cafes can be gone overnight. Canggu is small enough to just go out. There are about three ‘main streets’ where most cafes are situated. I suggest you rent a bike and just go explore! It will be pretty useless to put down streetnames, if you’re looking for a place, just ask around and you’ll be there faster 😀 If you cycle from the rice fields to the beach, you’ll automatically find most hotspots! There are a few beaches, and about 5 streets up to the most popular beaches, and that’s where most hotspots are situated!
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |