Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Planning a trip to Bali? Don’t forget to spend some time in Canggu, one of my very favorite places on the island! It’s less than 10km from Kuta (don’t stay there!) and close to Seminyak. Canggu is a small village, but is getting more and more popular now hipster vegan- and surf places pop up everywhere in the land between Kerobokan and Echo Beach.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
The waves aren’t as good as other places on the island, but there are plenty of surfers enjoying a good surf, an easy ride to the beach on the bike with a surfboard and the good atmosphere – the nightlife is great!
Rock & Roll parties, cocktails and beach parties, that’s also Canggu. But it’s not taken over the village. That’s the best! You can search for it if you want to, but feel free to completely ignore it and you’ll feel more relaxed than ever, enjoying the sweet hip vegan restaurants, offering plenty of healthy food options. Canggu is the best! I don’t think I’ve ever eaten better than in Canggu (in Indonesia), because of the variation of ‘Healthy Australian food’ meets ‘Local Waroeng‘.
Watch the Canggu Travel Guide video for my favorites and check the addresses below:
| Canggu Restaurants + hangouts |
- Old Man’s
- Le Pirate
- Avocado Cafe
- Grocer and Grind
- Deus ex machina
- Waroeng Nonii. hehe, just for the name right? I haven’t eaten there but it seems alright! 😉
| Canggu Hostels / Apartments |
- I stayed in the LOVELY ‘The Apartments Canggu‘ and booked a studio. From the studios it’s only a 5-minute (bike) drive to Echo Beach in Canggu and they had a bike for me! I mean, a real Amsterdam bicycle, not an ‘Asian bike’. The Apartments offer modern one-bedroom and studio apartments with free Wi-Fi. It features an outdoor swimming pool and garden. Guests enjoy free use of bicycles and surfboards during stay.
Apartment studios have a living and kitchen area, and air-conditioned bedroom. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV (but only Indonesian television) and en-suite bathroom with shower. Some offer views of the rice field, pool or garden. I had a private entrance and an outdoor place. Really nice!
The bed was super nice and it was very clean! It was such a good place to stay. You can ride everything with your bike in Canggu, but finding a bike can be hard if your apartment or hostel doesn’t offer them, so this is a great solution!
- If you’re up for a surf, check out the super cute and well organized ‘The Chillhouse‘. The Chillhouse is a tropical lifestyle retreat that offers stylish accommodation and delicious organic meals, along with surfing, mountain biking, yoga sessions, body and soul treatments, and a wide range of cultural activities. YES. Super inspiring place!
- I also stayed at the more Indonesian homestay vibe apartments of ‘Lubdhaka Canggu Residence‘ and it was okay too. It’s a fancy homestay with everything you need and it’s clean too. I loved the ‘patio’ and the walk to your ‘house’. (photo below!)
Please keep in mind that Bali is changing rapidly, two months later everything can be completely different. They’re building all sort of touristic things all around the island, and cafes can be gone overnight. Canggu is small enough to just go out. There are about three ‘main streets’ where most cafes are situated. I suggest you rent a bike and just go explore! It will be pretty useless to put down streetnames, if you’re looking for a place, just ask around and you’ll be there faster 😀 If you cycle from the rice fields to the beach, you’ll automatically find most hotspots! There are a few beaches, and about 5 streets up to the most popular beaches, and that’s where most hotspots are situated!
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials